Cleaning ie7updates folder

gsouders

Hi support,

I was wondering if you could add cleaning of the ie7updates folder located in the Windows folder. I think that when a user checks the option to clean Hotfix Uninstallers, the ie7updates folder should be cleaned as well. Thanks for your support.

• Moderators

I Believe that, unlike MSUpdates, ie needs to keep it's update unistallers to function/update correctly later. The MSUpdate unistallers are not needed by the OS after the update is confirmed.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I Believe that, unlike MSUpdates, ie needs to keep it's update unistallers to function/update correctly later. The MSUpdate unistallers are not needed by the OS after the update is confirmed.

Hi Nergal,

Thanks for your reply. This is not the case. I manually delete the updates from the ie7updates folder all the time with no effect on the system. I still receive new ie7 updates via Windows Update or Automatic update with no problems. The only reason to keep the updates is if you want to uninstall them. Windows uses the registry to determine what updates have been applied, not the folder.

• 4 weeks later...