CCleaner v2.15

MrG

• Admin

cclogo.gif

A new CCleaner release for Xmas. We've added command-line support for secure deletion. Additonal changes are listed below:

CCleaner v2.15.815

• Added command-line secure deletion.
    e.g. CCleaner.exe /delete "folder*.*|MyFile.txt"
  • Added Google Chrome thumbnail cleaning.
  • Moved language files to /lang folder.
  • Improved options cookie list browser detection.
  • Fixed minor bug in XP prefetch cleaning.
  • Fixed bug in IE History Index.dat cleaning.
  • Fixed two minor compatibility bugs with Win98.
  • Installer engine updates.
  • Minor architecture improvements.

Click here to visit the CCleaner.com site and to download

View the full blog post

Great that some of my suggestion and bug reports were listened!!! thanks MrG!!!

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

Is it possible to set it so when you clear Google Chrome's cache it doesn't clean the Thumbnail file at the same time? It was introduced in this upgrade & I couldn't find any mention of Chrome in any of the .INI files.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. *edit* Looks like I did, just noticed the bug forum.

• Admin

Hi,

We've added all the language files into the install this time, as we get about 10 emails each week asking if they can download CCleaner in French, German, or one of the other languages we already support. If you don't want them then simply delete the "lang" folder. :)

MrG

Hi,

We've added all the language files into the install this time, as we get about 10 emails each week asking if they can download CCleaner in French, German, or one of the other languages we already support. If you don't want them then simply delete the "lang" folder. :)

MrG

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time. " Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for your work and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

CCleaner v2.15.815

• Fixed two minor compatibility bugs with Win98.

What bug was that Mr.G?

The only bug I've ever noticed with Win98SE anytime is this new version with the extra language support CCleaner 2.15.815 Language Support which is easily fixed as you say, just delete the Lang folder. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

If you don't want them then simply delete the "lang" folder.

MrG

That means that every time I install a new version of CCleaner

I will have to delete the lang folder. <_<

I prefer the old installers.

But I guess that I can clean the cleaner :huh:

(Options > Include > Add Folder)

Isn't that ironic?

Anyways, thanks for the freeware ;)

A new CCleaner release for Xmas. We've added command-line support for secure deletion.

Command-line secure deletion is a very nice addition. Thank you.

Will it be possible to have it as a shell-integration?

What I mean is right-clicking on a file/dir and a menu item in the context menu to launch secure deletion of that file/dir.

Thanks

Papayo