Ad-Aware SE

xNo1

Hi, I have a question about ad-aware se... which is probably why my computer is still full of spyware...

I did everything that Tarun had written on his PC maintanence website and downloaded/installed/scanned etc. When ad-aware finished scanning, I checked box and pressed "next". Then it says "quartine selection" (as the progress bar fills up), then it says "deleting Selection" and it stays there.... doesn't go back to main screen or anything, just stays there (with the progress bar full).... Computer is not frozen or anything :( nor is the program, I am free to click on almost anything, however, I fear that it hasn't fully deleted everything....

I closed ad-aware and scanned/"fixed" again and the same problem occured with the exact same amount of spy ware detected as before.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Tarun Posted Today, 02:35 PM

I believe it sits there because it's still deleting/removing malware. Sometimes it takes a while to get rid of it.

I initially thought the same. So I let it sit for about an hr... Now I'm pretty sure that it doesn't take 1 hr or so to delete 300 detected objects... Of course I could be wrong but an hr did kind of stretch it for me....

I believe it sits there because it's still deleting/removing malware.  Sometimes it takes a while to get rid of it.

I initially thought the same. So I let it sit for about an hr... Now I'm pretty sure that it doesn't take 1 hr or so to delete 300 detected objects... Of course I could be wrong but an hr did kind of stretch it for me....

You also have to remember Safe Mode isn't as fast as regular. ;)

mine used to crash when i did a full system scan just before the results came up it would freeze. i found that i could only do quick scans. then a few updates later it worked again odd...

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

Ad-Aware is known for freezing during scans, freezing during quarantines/deletes, and crashing in general, so it's no surprise to those that use Ad-Aware on a daily basis

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

• Moderators
Ad-Aware is known for freezing during scans, freezing during quarantines/deletes, and crashing in general, so it's no surprise to those that use Ad-Aware on a daily basis

I havent noticed that problem with the last version though. I'm sure you scan more computers than I do but for the 20-30 I've used it on it has never froze.

Had the same results across the board: doesn't matter about OS version, nor whether you're in safe mode or normal mode.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

I haven't got any problems with Ad-Aware.

I don't know but if you guys want to try;

I would suggest disabling hyperthreading in the bios if possible.

I remembered there was a time when Spybot has got this problem and it was due to incompatibility with hyperthreading.