Progress Bar Never Ends

The progress bar keeps reaching the end and starting again, more like a loading graphic. I finally hit cancel and it said it was not yet done. How long are we looking at for a first time use?

Also on this board I searched "progress bar" in the search field and got an error.

ahh the dreaded progress bar, lol im just kidding. Ive never heard of a problem with it. A first time scan should never take more that 3 or 4 minutes. First time use on an unkept computer might reach 5. My usuall scans happen in under a minute.

)corjello(

ahh the dreaded progress bar, lol im just kidding. Ive never heard of a problem with it. A first time scan should never take more that 3 or 4 minutes. First time use on an unkept computer might reach 5.  My usuall scans happen in under a minute.

)corjello(

I figured this was the case. Quick. My progress bar is acting like a loading bar, it gets to the end and starts again. Something is amiss. I can cancel.

I will cancel the current "Run Cleaner" which is just handling the following:

IE - Temp Files, deleted .dat files, las download location

I just randomly hit "Cancel Clean" while writing this post and the bar finally stopped and I got this message:

CLEANING COMPLETE - (2248.128 secs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2,648.7MB removed.

Details of files deleted

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IE Temporary Internet Files (277240 files) 2,648.7MB

Any help is appreciated. Is there a log file I can send in to the development team?

It had just deleted 2 gigabytes in 277,240 files. This is why it was taking a while. Be more patient. Defragment your hard drive thoroughly after cleaning. Also, set IE's cache to be much smaller than it is. Set it to be about 200 MB. Then switch to Firefox. ;)

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

It had just deleted 2 gigabytes in 277,240 files.  This is why it was taking a while.  Be more patient.  Defragment your hard drive thoroughly after cleaning.  Also, set IE's cache to be much smaller than it is.  Set it to be about 200 MB.  Then switch to Firefox. ;)

DJ - I don't mind waiting. I was merely reporting that the progress bar's erratic and non-intuitive nature was probably a bug. That is what this forum is for. The progress bar raced to the end, cleared, and repeated. As most progress bars crawl along slowly and give you a visual idea/cue as to when the current process might finish.

I realize it deleted 2 GB in 37 mintues. But the even weirder thing is the message it reported back was "complete" even though I manually stopped the application.

That's CCleaner for you. PM MrG and ask about the progress bar thing, and the 'bug' in the text that it was 'complete'. :P

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

DJ - I don't mind waiting.  I was merely reporting that the progress bar's erratic and non-intuitive nature was probably a bug.  That is what this forum is for.  The progress bar raced to the end, cleared, and repeated.  As most progress bars crawl along slowly and give you a visual idea/cue as to when the current process might finish.

I realize it deleted 2 GB in 37 mintues.  But the even weirder thing is the message it reported back was "complete" even though I manually stopped the application.

Just to make sure I wasn't crazy...I just unchecked IE and checked, "System" and when it ran, the same thing happened...and then, it crashed. Again if there is a log file generatd I am willing to submit it.

• Admin

The progress bar keeps going back to the start again, because there's no way for it to tell how long it's going to take. It's more a way to show you that the program is doing something. :)

I may add in something that tells you what it's currently working on, but then this would slow it down a bit.

The progress bar keeps going back to the start again, because there's no way for it to tell how long it's going to take. It's more a way to show you that the program is doing something. :)

I may add in something that tells you what it's currently working on, but then this would slow it down a bit.

What about the crashing when I run the analyze "system"?

I'm also having this problem. The bar keeps reloading and I don't know how long it will take to finish. Is there any way to fix it, or will it eventually end ? This is my first scan BTW, here's a screencap (just imagine the the bar steadily increasing, then restarting, then you'll get the full picture ;) )

post-2230-1122323969_thumb.jpg

What should I do now? Should I just stop it and run cleaner? Does Run Cleaner only delete what's been analyzed?

post-2230-1122323969_thumb.jpg

I'm also having this problem. The bar keeps reloading and I don't know how long it will take to finish. Is there any way to fix it, or will it eventually end ? This is my first scan BTW, here's a screencap (just imagine the the bar steadily increasing, then restarting, then you'll get the full picture ;) )

What should I do now? Should I just stop it and run cleaner? Does Run Cleaner only delete what's been analyzed?

ok, in the posts above, the progress bar is supposed to fill up then start over, its not a bug. Let it run all the way through, until its finished. Also analyzing doesnt delete the files, click analyze and once its done, click run cleaner. Or you can just click run cleaner without clicking analyze.

)corjello(

Run CCleaner with /DEBUG parameter, then run the cleaner and post what the last message box displayed is.

I have been posting this so people know I was not ignoring them....

Well 24 hours later...Power is finally back on after the storms. Thankfully this is the first time in five years of this location that we have had any loss of power more than even an hour.

Anyway. Just an fyi, I will get back on CCleaner and /DEBUG shortly.