Will not delete temp files.

Pada

Hi, I am new here

CCleaner has always removed all temp files but for some reason will not remove temp files created by my Spy Sweeper Program...this is new and they always pop back up. Anyone else experience this?

They are in Windows under:

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\wrstemp

Why would this be happening all of a sudden?

Thanks.

Why would this be happening all of a sudden?

Thanks.

Hi Pada,

Welcome !!! :D

I am not familiar with the program but since it is a security program I would expect they would do this more than other products.

If you just installed or a new version, it may be doing this because it wants something available for the next restart of your PC.

Were you supposed to Reboot and you haven't yet ?

Good luck, :) davey

Hi Pada,

Welcome !!! :D

I am not familiar with the program but since it is a security program I would expect they would do this more than other products.

If you just installed or a new version, it may be doing this because it wants something available for the next restart of your PC.

Were you supposed to Reboot and you haven't yet ?

Good luck, :) davey

Hi Davey,

I did do an update a few weeks ago with Spy Sweeper but this problem just came up in the last few days...it created it's own temp file in Windows I have written to Webroot and have not received an answer back yet. Typical with them.

I am suspect of any new temp files that may get around my security systems and mask themselves as another program...I don't think that is the case here but find it strange that CCleaner shows that it deletes them only to run it a few times in a row and have the same files pop right back up...thanks for the welcome!

I understand what you mean. The same thing happens with Avast! files. Avast apparently recreates or keeps the files from being deleted.

How do you normally have the option set at CCleaner Options > Only delete files older than 48 hours ?

Does Webroot have a user forum ?

:) davey

Edited by davey

Dear Pada,

I also used Spysweeper which ugraded on its own through auto updates to Webroot internet security essentials(WISE, Webroot humor?) It does create about 59-60MB of temp files which CCleaner and Webroot's Window Washer failed to clean. After 3 irrelevant replys from WR, :angry: I unistalled WISE and reinstalled Spysweeper choosong not to chek for updates during the install. The temp files are gone now.

WISE indeed uses these temp files to do it's dubious job, but I had Norton Intenet Security and did not need another firewall ans AV progam to conflict. It is best only to have one of each running or there can be conflicts and (shudder) BSOD's.

No cleaning tool I know of will clean temp files if they are in use, such as the index.dat IE files.

Pada,

I believe that if you want to delete any files/folders in areas that are not default temp file folders. i.e.

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\wrstemp

you need to first designate this folder location in the (Options/include) area, then select (custom files and folders) at the bottom of the Cleaner select list.

Therefore in the (Options/include) you would have C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\wrstemp\*.*

A check mark in (custom files and folders) run the cleaner. it's worth a try.

:rolleyes: