Vista 64 user questions

jolo

I am running Vista Ultra 64bit for my OS.

I would like a little more detail on the following options om CCleaner and wonder if the descriptions are the same for Vista as they are for XP. The file systems display options are different.

Window Size/Location Cache

Windows Explorer stores the view formatting and ordering settings for each folder on your system. After some time, this can contain a large amount of redundant data and may even slow down browsing for files on your system. Selecting this option will clear this data and reset the Windows Explorer display settings to their default option.

---> I like have some of my file folder have fields that I have selected shown, instead of whatever the default is and whatever Vista "thinks", the folder type display relates to. Does this option clear those changes I made out ??

Custom Files and Folders

Will clean your custom files and Folders that you have selected in Options, Customs.

----> This might sound really stupid, but I don't know what menu is being refered to as far as "Options, Customs". I don't see where they're is an "Option" selection in Vista ??

Thanks,

Jon :rolleyes:

• Moderators

Hi Jon :)

With regards to custom files and folders, when you open the CCleaner GUI on the lefthand side are cleaner, registry, tools, and options

Choose options and you will then be able to select include (or exclude depending on what you want to do) press add folder and browse to it.

Remember you have to have 'custom files and folders' under 'advanced' ticked in CCleaner for this to work.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Window Size/Location Cache

Windows Explorer stores the view formatting and ordering settings for each folder on your system. After some time, this can contain a large amount of redundant data and may even slow down browsing for files on your system. Selecting this option will clear this data and reset the Windows Explorer display settings to their default option.

---> I like have some of my file folder have fields that I have selected shown, instead of whatever the default is and whatever Vista "thinks", the folder type display relates to. Does this option clear those changes I made out ??

Hi jolo,

I would not select this advanced option unless you don't mind resetting those special settings that you have selected.

:) davey