"MyDocument" being deleted

Holdup2000

I am currently using CCleaner v1.28.277 on Windows XP SP3. So far it has worked fine for me. However, in recent weeks I have encountered a particularly frustrating problem which I haven't been able to resolve.

I run CCleaner approximately 2-3 a week. Most of the time it works fine, however, on random occasions when I use it, it seems to delete all data that I have saved in "My Documents". This includes all images, songs, documents etc.

I have backed up all the contents of the "My Documents" folder onto an external hard drive, and consequently I copy these files back onto the computer after they are deleted. However, the problem continues to occur (it has occured 3-4 times so far) and I am not aware of the reason (could it possibly be related to the fact that the "System: Memory Dumps" box is ticked?).

Any help is appreciated. I have attached the system screens that I have for CCleaner.

Thanks

Ritik

post-25028-1228054904_thumb.jpg

post-25028-1228054916_thumb.jpg

post-25028-1228054904_thumb.jpg

post-25028-1228054916_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Ritik

Hi Ritik,

Welcome to the forums !!! :P

It certainly is going to be hard to get any advice about such an old version.

Why not get your CCleaner up-to-date with the latest version ?

Good luck,

:) davey

Hi Ritik,

Welcome to the forums !!! :P

It certainly is going to be hard to get any advice about such an old version.

Why not get your CCleaner up-to-date with the latest version ?

Good luck,

:) davey

Thanks davey, I've done so...hopefully wont have the problem anymore.

I also realised that the 'My documents' folder isnt the only one being affected. A lot of icons from my desktop also seem to have disappeared,although it only seems to apply to recent files or shortcuts

Welcome Holdup2000

Sorry to hear about your situation but in all my years using CCleaner I have not had it empty 'My documents' Folder but it will remove shortcuts to applications that have been removed.

I notice that you have the option to clean the Prefetch folder and this option has been discussed before as being a waste of time and a hindrance to Windows performance as Windows will have to go to the hard drive to load a previously loaded application which is much slower than using the hash file in the Prefetch Folder.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user