CCleaner Community Forums
crispus

Defraggler crash

Hello,

I downloaded last version of Defraggler (1.04.098). I can't start if only I deactivate internet connection. This is quite annoying.

To access internet I must use a proxy with authentication and I think that is reason that cause defraggler to crash at startup. If I start with internet connection disabled, it doesn't crash, but I get an error something like "could not connect to internet"

You can see bellow log.

P.S: Sorry for my english.

Defraggler.exe._1_4_98__2008_11_26_10_11_.txt

Defraggler.exe._1_4_98__2008_11_26_10_11_.txt

Hello,

I downloaded last version of Defraggler (1.04.098). I can't start if only I deactivate internet connection. This is quite annoying.

Hello crispus,

Welcome to the forums !!! :)

When you start Defraggler click on Settings > Options and make sure the option to check for updates is unchecked.

Good luck,

:) davey

Hello crispus,

Welcome to the forums !!! :)

When you start Defraggler click on Settings > Options and make sure the option to check for updates is unchecked.

Good luck,

:) davey

Thank you for hint.

I could live with that error, but another reason to post it was a way to report a bug (I think that type of connection can be identified, or at least a try/catch on that section of code could be useful).

Hi there, this might be an old thread but looks like this problem is still occuring with the latest version(1.10)...

I'm using a proxy connection too but had to disable the connection, change update settings, and then re-enable connection to avoid the crash on start up.

This is still happening to me, and I am using Defraggler v1.11. Had to use the same workaround as iuseccleaner to get it to work.