Microsoft Mouse

Winapp2.ini

Heya, anyone else have this problem?

With my new computer came a nice HP mouse, however it was damaged (serial port bent beyond use) so I demanded they send me a new one. They sent me a Microsoft Wheel Mouse (Optical) and I was like "alrighht"

Since then however, I haven't been able to get my scroll wheel to work. I've tried three different versions of the driver and nothing seems to work. I'm planning on getting a new mouse (Razer Diamondback 3G) in the next month or so but this is quite annoying as I need it for certain games as well as web browsing.

If anyone has any clue, any help is appreciated.

I can't win with this cpu :P

Rob :lol:

Heya, anyone else have this problem?

With my new computer came a nice HP mouse, however it was damaged (serial port bent beyond use) so I demanded they send me a new one. They sent me a Microsoft Wheel Mouse (Optical) and I was like "alrighht"

Since then however, I haven't been able to get my scroll wheel to work. I've tried three different versions of the driver and nothing seems to work. I'm planning on getting a new mouse (Razer Diamondback 3G) in the next month or so but this is quite annoying as I need it for certain games as well as web browsing.

If anyone has any clue, any help is appreciated.

I can't win with this cpu :P

Rob :lol:

Why you fighting with th new mouse? Demand they send you a replacement of the original.

their reply was that the other mouse only came as part of the set so they couldn't send me the same one, so they sent a microsoft mouse.

Then send a new set or whole computer. Bottom line this is their problem and they are making it yours and they can go _ _ _ _ them selves.

I too have a Microsoft mouse and its scroll wheel is weird; it sometimes misses a scroll. :( But on a positive note: it feels right in the hand. :D

Yorkshireman

- [My Twitter Profile: Clicky]

Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.

Albert Einstein

• Moderators
its a software problem though, my old HP mouse [roller ball] doesn't have scroll wheel functionality either.

If your old mouse didn't have scroll wheel functionality, that function might be disabled.

Right click "My Computer", select "Manage" and "Device Manager", and the old "picture is worth a thousand words":

t491_MouseProb.jpg

Worth having a look.

• Moderators

In the "Mice And Other Pointing Devices", do you not have any options if you right click "Microsoft USB Wheelmouse Optical (Intellipoint)" and select "Properties"?

If not, is that maybe because it's a USB mouse as opposed to a PS/2 mouse? I can't comment on that as this PS/2 mouse is the only one I've used.

• Moderators
Microsoft makes better mice than just about anyone. I have bought 2 desktops sets of theirs and wouldn't use anything else if I could avoid it.

What kind of mouse is it? I know mine use this software to configure their settings:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_intellipoint/

Microsoft makes really good mice.

However the failings I've had are with newer versions of the IntelliPoint mouse software which gives me nothing but issues, which is why I use the much older version 5.20.413.0 which itself even has issues but nothing compared to everything newer I've tried.

Winapp2.ini you may need to use the Microsoft IntelliPoint mouse software to enable the features, but first look in the Control Panel for anything that reads Mouse on it as there should be a default driver for configuration.

• 4 weeks later...
my scroll wheel still doesn't work :(

Doc Bones to Captain Kirk

Its dead Jim

Try a new mouse.

I keep an extra PS/2 mouse for trouble shooting and it was less than $5.00 at my local PC shop and it works great.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user