wrong icon with .htm-file (shortcut)?

bjoenn

Hello!

After my first try of CCleaner, htm-file shortcut-icon shows IE-icon. IE is installed, but never used..

on mouseover of some "filename.htm" popup="**.htm FirefoxDocument".

When opening those files, FF is used, as it is the standard browser...

Seems to be a more cosmetic "problem", but why? ("Explorer>Extras>Options>Filetypes" don't let it change, as it names FF for the correct app to open with)

Second question: why are there (new) temp-files-data in IE-Temporary Files\ContentIE5?As mentioned above: I never used IE! (Maybe a better question for some WIN-XP forums..)

Thanks for some explanations!

have a good time! bjoenn

p.s.:CCleaner is a fine application, sparing a huge amount of time to me!!

thanks a lot, anonymous! One short link, and the world shows you the most astonishing ?machine?...your one&only computer! ;))

O.k., spent some time and two ore three trials - now it works as usu... - no, not unbrokenly: if I open a folder with the mentioned files/icons, there is - in a lightning - the change of icons to be seen (IE to FF).

My faint suspicion: since last week of October, I use Avira av-software; nevertheless I suppressed the splashscreen of it in registry, it is known for its teamwork with IE - and, aren't there some relations between MS-Windows and certain internet explorers?

Again, thanks for fingerpost & have a good time!!

bjoenn