"About" button under options not working

philtec

The "About" button under options is not working after updating to newest version.

I know it used to work in the last versions and all it told me was a link to the website and the version number that was installed however it does not work when I click it.

Anyone else???

• Moderators

Click another button in that screen (for instance Settings) then click the about button my guess it the screen'll change)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

It works Whiteshark yes.

However if I open CCleaner>options and press the about button nothing happens, because it is already on the about page

To show a response from that button you have to be on another page and then press the about button.

This could be a bit confusing I guess for new users

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

It works Whiteshark yes.

However if I open CCleaner>options and press the about button nothing happens, because it is already on the about page

To show a response from that button you have to be on another page and then press the about button.

This could be a bit confusing I guess for new users

Oh, now i see what you mean, hazelnut :)

But the button of the default selected/active page is clearly highlighted in blue and underlined.

Obviously re-selecting a still selected page nothing happens, the same should happen setting any

other page to be shown by default, though...

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

Welcome to Priform Philtec.

The "About" button under options is not working after updating to newest version.

I know it used to work in the last versions and all it told me was a link to the website and the version number that was installed however it does not work when I click it.

Anyone else???

When you first run or everytime you run CC and click on Options the About info will be shown. If you then click on another option Cookies for example then you click back to Cleaner or Registry then back on Options the Cookies section will still be showing.

If you want to see the About info then just click on About. In Options it just remebers the last option used. ;)

Thats because the About is the first thing shown in Options Hazel. So if its aready been shown it can't show it again. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators
Thats because the About is the first thing shown in Options Hazel. So if its aready been shown it can't show it again. ;)

Yes Keith I did understand this.

I was explaining to Whiteshark why the original poster may not have had a response to that button when opening 'CCleaner options/about' for the very first time.

In options, the word in the active window is always underlined eg. Settings About

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com