CCleaner 2.13.720 Bug in new right-click in the tree

jis

- Added right-click cleaning and analysis for individual items in the tree.

When you hover over chosen item for the first time and do right-click, you get immediately the context menu, it is ok, but when hover over the same item again and do right-click again - you don't get the context menu, because CCleaner eat all processor time untill you move with mouse a little bit and wait a few seconds.

When you hover over chosen item for the first time and do right-click, you get immediately the context menu, it is ok, but when hover over the same item again and do right-click again - you don't get the context menu, because CCleaner eat all processor time until you move with mouse a little bit and wait a few seconds.
I describe it again step by step:

1. open CCleaner
  2. we will use default Cleaner / Windows tab
  3. point with mouse on Cookies item
  4. do right-click, you get immediately the context menu, select Analyze Cookies, left click, ANALYSIS COMPLETE
  5. point with mouse on History item
  6. do right-click, you get immediately the context menu, select Analyze History, left click, ANALYSIS COMPLETE
  7. point with mouse on History item again...
  8. do right-click, you don't get the context menu immediately, because CCleaner eat all processor time until you move with mouse a little bit and wait a few seconds, select Analyze History, left click, ANALYSIS COMPLETE...

Here are my system specs: OS=WXP SP3, CPU=PIII 700MHz, RAM=512MB, VRAM=8MB

jis, I tried the same steps on my old 500MHX 512MB RAM PIII system running XP Pro SP3 and I did not have the symptoms you outlined.

What is your video adapter?

Can you post a screenshot of CCleaner?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

But let me ask you something. How did you determine that CC "eat all processor time"?

I wonder if its a threading issue?

Sorry for not so fast reply, I was a little bit tired to explain it all again. I only want to help and now I look like troll or something like that :blink:.

I determined CC via Process Explorer and Task Manager (you must have them opened on background or beside CC window before testing).

I can invoke this problem with my step by step procedure not only on my NB, but on every other PC where I tested it with the same version of CCleaner 2.13.720.

There are snapshots from much powerful desktop PC with different version of WXP (SP2):

snapshot1wc9.th.pngthpix.gif

snapshot2ge5.th.pngthpix.gif

I observed that when was the CC hanged it ate 100% processor time on one processor machine and 50% processor time on two processors machine. This state can be canceled via any event from user side: for example with moving with mouse, with clicking on another window, etc.

I think that you didn't repeat my steps exactly. Don't move with mouse after 8. step, just do right-click a stay with mouse where you click and wait... and wait... and watch the PE or TM opened windows.

• Moderators

I followed the detailed instructions to reproduce it, however my system doesn't have that problem.

I only want to help and now I look like troll or something like that :blink:.

Not trollish at all, it could be an issue with your system that you discovered.

I try to describe it better step by step:

1. open Process Explorer or Task Manager (you must have them opened on background or beside CC window before testing)
  2. open CCleaner - default Cleaner / Windows tab
  3. point with mouse on Cookies item
  4. do right-click, you get immediately the context menu, select item Analyze Cookies, do left click, wait for ANALYSIS COMPLETE
  5. point with mouse on the next History item
  6. do right-click, you get immediately the context menu, select item Analyze History, do left click, wait for ANALYSIS COMPLETE
  7. point with mouse on History item again...
  8. do right-click (don't move with mouse after this, just do right-click a stay with mouse where do you click and wait... and wait... and watch the load from CC in PE or TM opened windows), but you don't get the context menu immediately now, because CCleaner eat all processor time until you move with mouse a little bit and wait a few seconds, then select item Analyze History, do left click, wait for ANALYSIS COMPLETE...

I observed that when was the CC hanged it ate 100% processor time on one processor machine and 50% processor time on two processors machine. This state can be canceled via any event from user side: for example with moving with mouse, with clicking on another window, etc.

I did exactly as you instructed in the above instructions, and I still don't have the problem on my system with: WinXP SP3, Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz w/MT, 1 GB Ram.
Ok, you force me to test more PCs and bingo - I have found one, which was without this problem. I was thinking what have the previous PCs common and where differ the PC without problem. I look into Performance Settings in System Properties and here is my resume: CC is incompatible with Fade or slide menus into view.

Problem Settings (EN):

1badsettingseh3.png

Compatible Settings (EN):

1goodsettingsez2.png

Problem Settings (CZ):

2badsettingsqt5.png

Compatible Settings (CZ):

2goodsettingsua0.png