Cookies problems with CCleaner V 2.12.256 & V2.12.660

DeeBeeS

I use Vista Premium 32. My browsers are IE7 and Mozilla. I have used CCleaner for a number of years and this is the first time I have had a problem. Yesterday I was told there was a new version, which I downloaded and I now notice that certain cookies I want deleted stay. On going back to the previous version everything works OK.

I have read through the various threads on this subject and have completely uninstalled, downloaded again reinstalled and still get the same problem so I have gone back to the previous version. Is there any suggestions on how to overcome this problem?

David

I use Vista Premium 32. My browsers are IE7 and Mozilla. I have used CCleaner for a number of years and this is the first time I have had a problem. Yesterday I was told there was a new version, which I downloaded and I now notice that certain cookies I want deleted stay. On going back to the previous version everything works OK.

I have read through the various threads on this subject and have completely uninstalled, downloaded again reinstalled and still get the same problem so I have gone back to the previous version. Is there any suggestions on how to overcome this problem?

David

I have got the same problem and also unable to ?rase 10 cookies with this new version i.e V2.12.651 so since nobody can help i went back to the former version i.e V2.11.636 and i have no more problem. Afraid i will wait for another new version before changing.

I do not have either browser on when I use CCleaner. I have reverted to the previous version at the moment so my unwanted cookies are now removed, I have tried on several occasions to re install but this seems a waste of time as it never works, as I now do not have the cookies displayed I cannot remember all of them I do know that double click is always there.

David

• Moderators
I have got the same problem and also unable to ?rase 10 cookies with this new version i.e V2.12.651 so since nobody can help i went back to the former version i.e V2.11.636 and i have no more problem. Afraid i will wait for another new version before changing.

People are trying to help, but you're popping up in three different topics, instead of sticking with at least one and providing information which may result in your problem being fixed.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=116259

Again having problem with this new version V2.12.660 (same problem with former one V2.12.651) unable delete 10 cookies which are as follows :

apmebf.com

doubleclick.net

espaceclient2.orange.fr

iapref.orange.fr

mediaplex.com

mobile.orange.fr

orange.fr

partirpascher.com

sdc.francetelecom.com

www.orange.fr

I have MS Windows XP SP3 and using Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)

Whether someone can help me i will appreciate very much and in waiting i will rush and return to the former one version which is working fine : V2.11.636.

Many thanks and best regards

Andr?

I do not have either browser on when I use CCleaner. I have reverted to the previous version at the moment so my unwanted cookies are now removed, I have tried on several occasions to re install but this seems a waste of time as it never works, as I now do not have the cookies displayed I cannot remember all of them I do know that double click is always there.

David

You reverted to a previous version of CC and cant provide any information about the problem. What did you expect to get out of this thread? Unless someone can provide some real info about the problem and how to reproduce it, I dont see it being resolved.

I've tried several times and visiting an array of sites and cant reproduce the problem.

Security: PCTools Threatfire. (WinDef and Firewall disabled)

CC: 2.12.651 & 2.12.660, saving settings to INI and using Normal delete method

Browsers: IE7 and IE8 Beta 2 (via loading drive images)

It would help if you could list which cookies they are.

Bonjour, voici le genre de cookies, here is an example of cookies that cannot be removed :

apmebf.com

doubleclick.net

espaceclient2.orange.fr

iapref.orange.fr

mediaplex.com

mobile.orange.fr

orange.fr

partirpascher.com

sdc.francetelecom.com

www.orange.fr

I have MS Windows XP SP3 and using Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)

d?d?, I prefer not to let those cookies onto my system in the first place by using a HOSTS file.

HOSTS files I use:

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

http://hosts-file.net/?s=Download

Managed with HostsMan and I use its HostsServer proxy to speed up browsing:

http://www.abelhadigital.com

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
d?d?, I prefer not to let those cookies onto my system in the first place by using a HOSTS file.

HOSTS files I use:

That's a good point Kenny.

But the poster is wanting to know why CCleaner is not deleting those cookies now.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

That's a good point Kenny.

But the poster is wanting to know why CCleaner is not deleting those cookies now.

If their ISP is one of:

espaceclient2.orange.fr

iapref.orange.fr

mobile.orange.fr

orange.fr

partirpascher.com

sdc.francetelecom.com

then the ISP is placing the cookies and they will be deposited as fast as they are deleted so no matter how much cleaning is done they obviously want to keep track of things.

How many Google cookies get deposited but they are deleted every time CCleaner runs.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

HOSTS files I use:

If i understand well, i could not never clear these 10 cookies? How is it with v2. 11.636 they do not appear?

Sorry again for my English ! (i al French)

If i understand well, i could not never clear these 10 cookies? How is it with v2. 11.636 they do not appear?

Sorry again for my English ! (i al French)

Hello dede,

Thank you for reporting this problem.

In order to fix this it will help us to have the following information.

Just fill in the answers next to or below the questions?

CCleaner version ?

What Language did you request at install,if any?

OS,edition ,32bit or 64bit and version ?

Browsers and ver.?

Security software and ver?

Provide a list of your CCleaner.ini file.( Tick option for Save settings to INI file at Options > Advanced then close CCleaner.This file will be created in C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder.)

Edit out any Personal info with XXXs Do not delete anything, please.

Are you using a winapp2.ini file?

Answer "Yes" if you do and please explain its contents or provide a brief listing.Otherwise answer "No".

Best wishes and thank you for your information,

:) davey

The CCleaner Guide is your first source of information.

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/ CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com

Bookmark & save to Favorites

David

Hi DeeBees,

Please help us also.

In oder fix this it will help us to have the following information.

CCleaner version ?

Browsers and ver.?

Provide a list of your CCleaner.ini file.( Tick option for Save settings to INI file at Options > Advanced then close CCleaner.This file will be created in C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder.)

Answer "Yes" if you do and please explain its contents or provide a brief listing.Otherwise answer "No".

Hello dede,

In oder fix this it will help us to have the following information.

CCleaner version ?

Browsers and ver.?

Hi Davey, many thanks for your answer. I am using Windows XP SP3; Interl?Pentium 4 CPU 3,20 GHZ, 503MB RAM; Intel 82865G Graphics Controller and using IE7 (Internet Explorer 7. Problems occurred when using CCleaner version V2.12.651 and also with the latest one V2.12.660 so i desinstalled these versions and took the former one i.e V2.11.636 which is working very fine and no more cookies. If i am reloading V2.12.660 problem is still in effect. I forgot, i am on 32bit.

Thank you again and best regards.

Andr?

• Moderators

Hi dede,

I've tried and just cannot reproduce the problem. That doesn't mean to say I don't believe it's happening, it just makes it that bit harder to find out why.

I have XP with SP3, and using IE7, the screenshots are after visiting a few of the sites you have cookies from, and then closing down the browser.

CCleaner Analyze: Version 2.12.651.

t395_CookieProblem.jpg

CCleaner after cleaning:

t396_Cookies1.jpg

This is a strange one.

PLEASE NOTE:

I've merged dede's other topic with this one. Problem still occurring with CC Version 2.12.660.

Post number 7 above.

Regarding cookies, i tried to reinstall V2.12.660 and looking at cookies here is a list that i can see :

apmebf.com

doubleclic.net

espaceclient2.orange.fr

iapref.orange.fr

mediaplex.com

mobile.orange.fr

orange.fr

partirpascher.com

sdc.francetelecom.com

www.orange.fr

What is curious is that when i uninstall the very latest version and coming back to V2.11.636 there is no more cookies to be deleted so i can tell now that there is a bug somwhere however where ?

Unless i definitely desinstall CCleaner and take "Glaries" or "TuneUp Utilities".

Anyway whether someone can help he will be welcome. Many thanks again and best regards

Andr?

Having reported the same problem, I tried moving the "ghost" cookies to the Keep column. Ran Cleaner. Then moved the "ghost" cookies back to the Remove column. But as always they never were removed. As noted the problem does not happen with 2.11.

XP\SP3 Firefox 3 2.12.660

• Moderators

Thanks for all the input from you guys with the problem cookies.

Can I suggest that you stick with the version that works best for you, and then try any future new releases.

It isn't always necessary to have the latest of anything, and there are programs I use myself that are "older" versions simply because the latest ones throw up "hard to pinpoint" problems.

If it works, and it isn't an online security risk like an older version of a browser, just stick with it, and if anyone does come up with a solution, I'm sure they'll post it.

As I say, just a suggestion.

Regarding cookies, i tried to reinstall V2.12.660 and looking at cookies here is a list that i can see :

apmebf.com

doubleclic.net

espaceclient2.orange.fr

iapref.orange.fr

mediaplex.com

mobile.orange.fr

orange.fr

partirpascher.com

sdc.francetelecom.com

www.orange.fr

What is curious is that when i uninstall the very latest version and coming back to V2.11.636 there is no more cookies to be deleted so i can tell now that there is a bug somwhere however where ?

Unless i definitely desinstall CCleaner and take "Glaries" or "TuneUp Utilities".

Anyway whether someone can help he will be welcome. Many thanks again and best regards

Andr?

Regarding "post 19" i have to say that ,on my portable computer "Acer Aspire 7220" I do not have any cookies problem with the newest version 660.

Best regards

Andr?