CCleaner new versions won't clean recent used files Office 2003

Ojota81

It doesn't clean the recent used files in Word 2003

Hello Ojota81,

Welcome to the forums. :D

OK. We need some more information.

The following info will help others to come up with a solution.

These answers help to evaluate the problem.Provide as much information and detail as you can.

Just fill in the answers next to or below the questions?

Did you reboot after installing CCleaner before trying to run it?

Did you do any Registry issues fixing?

Do you continue to scan for issues until no more are found?

Did you do any software or hardware changes installs or uninstalls?

If any changes then have you checked with those forums or manufacturers?

What happens if you disable those changes?

Are you running with Administrator privileges.

CCleaner version ?

What Language did you request at install,if any?

OS,edition ,32bit or 64bit and version ?

Browsers and ver.?

Security software and ver?

Other data you think might be relevant?

What did you do and then what happened?

Provide a list of your CCleaner.ini file.( Tick option for Save settings to INI file at Options > Advanced then close CCleaner.This file will be created in C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder.)

Are you using a winapp2.ini file?

Answer "Yes" if you do and please explain its contents or provide a brief listing.Otherwise answer "No".

Best wishes,

:) davey

• Moderators

Davey, I'm voicing my confirmation of this bug. I unchecked everything except Explorer Recent documents and Office 2003 (in applications) See attachment.

Snap Taken After Cleaning (list is from log of cleaned files) Word Was closed at the time of cleaning and as always Vista SP1. I've also attached the excel menu to show that it on the other hand is cleaning.

What's is very interesting is the ACTUAL lnk files for the Word program are indeed cleaned (see third picture) but word still lists them. Maybe a new update for word changed something maybe.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Davey, I'm voicing my confirmation of this bug. I unchecked everything except Explorer Recent documents and Office 2003 (in applications) See attachment.

Snap Taken After Cleaning (list is from log of cleaned files) Word Was closed at the time of cleaning and as always Vista SP1. I've also attached the excel menu to show that it on the other hand is cleaning.

What's is very interesting is the ACTUAL lnk files for the Word program are indeed cleaned (see third picture) but word still lists them. Maybe a new update for word changed something maybe.

Thanks Nergal. The"bug fixers" can sure use this info.

What happens if you have Recent Documents under Windows Explorer also ticked unticked ?

(Sometimes this helps the fixers to follow various logical paths.You may know this already)

:) davey

Welcome to Piriform Ojota.

It doesn't clean the recent used files in Word 2003

I wouldn't worry about it. Every version of CC that I've used it never cleans any Office apps recent files list, not that I'm bothered. It will clean all recent files in the Windows recent list.

Do you have the Windows Explorer\Recent Documents ticked? That will only clean your files in the Windows recent list not office.

There is also another folder in

Documents and Settings\&username&\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent

This stores the list of all office files that you've used. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators
What happens if you have Recent Documents under Windows Explorer also ticked unticked ?

Same thing

Do you have the Windows Explorer\Recent Documents ticked? That will only clean your files in the Windows recent list not office.

There is also another folder in

Documents and Settings\&username&\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent

This stores the list of all office files that you've used

LOL read my friggin post duh

unchecked everything except Explorer Recent documents and Office 2003 (in applications)

pretty sure this is a root of the issue

Every version of CC that I've used it never cleans any Office apps recent files list

ummm what part of my post and pictures don't you understand?!?!?!? LOL

As(s) always with(out much) love

NERGAL the Omnipotent

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Nergal please stop posting in such a hostile and abusive way to people who only are trying to help.

The remarks you quoted from Keithuk were not made to you, they were made to the original poster of this thread.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am using the latest version of CCleaner (2.13.720) and it still does not clean the recent used files list of Office 2003.

This is the registry key which contains the recent used files:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data

There are different keys for the various version of MS Office.

Maybe CCleaner is cleaning version 10.0 or 12.0 but not 11.0?

Thanks in advance,

LB

This is what I found:

How to clean Microsoft Office 2003 Recent File List

Check for Key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0Delete the Value "Settings" in:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\DataDelete Key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent FilesDelete Key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Access\SettingsDelete Key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\PowerPoint\Recent File ListDelete Key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Publisher\Recent File ListDelete Values "*LastFile*" in:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Visio\ApplicationDelete Key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Explorer\FrontPage Explorer\Recent File ListDelete Key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Explorer\FrontPage Explorer\Recent Page ListDelete Key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\FrontPage\Explorer\FrontPage Explorer\Recent Web ListDelete Files in:%AppData%\Microsoft\Office\Recent

I hope this helps!! :rolleyes:

I found the quick solution in adding the following to winapp2.ini (for Word 2003 only):

[** MS Office 2003 Word]LangSecRef=3021Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0Default=TrueRegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data|Settings

winapp2.ini is a great idea, I am happy now! :lol:

• Moderators
I found the quick solution in adding the following to winapp2.ini (for Word 2003 only):

[** MS Office 2003 Word]LangSecRef=3021Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0Default=TrueRegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data|Settings

winapp2.ini is a great idea, I am happy now! :lol:

Awesome Thanks for the winapp2 entry :) worked perfect.

Hazel,

Sorry about my offenciveness I will try'n be better sport :( would apologized earlier but (as I've stated before) there is no rss tracking on these forums so I did not know you had placed your objection

• 5 months later...

I have always found that CCleaner cleans my Excel recently used list for Office 2003 as reported elsewhere in this thread but not my Word recently used list. I wish it would leave both alone :o) and wonder what setting I have to change to achieve this?

I have answered the questions posted above in order to help:-

Did you reboot after installing CCleaner before trying to run it?

Yes

Did you do any Registry issues fixing?

Do this frequently

Do you continue to scan for issues until no more are found?

No

Did you do any software or hardware changes installs or uninstalls?

No

Are you running with Administrator privileges.

Yes

CCleaner version ?

2.19.889 (the latest at the time of posting, I believe)

What Language did you request at install,if any?

English

OS,edition ,32bit or 64bit and version ?

XP SP3 fully patched, 32bit

Browsers and ver.?

Firefox 3.0.10

Security software and ver?

Adaware 8.0.0

Spybot S&D 1.6.2.46

AVG 8.5.0.276

Other data you think might be relevant?

This is not a recent problem just relating to the current version - it has always happened

What did you do and then what happened?

See info at head of this post

Provide a list of your CCleaner.ini file.( Tick option for Save settings to INI file at Options > Advanced then close CCleaner.This file will be created in C:\Program Files\CCleaner folder.)

[Options]

Language=1033

(App)Last Download Location=False

(App)Cookies=True

(App)Recent Documents=False

(App)Old Prefetch data=True

(App)Menu Order Cache=False

(App)Tray Notifications Cache=False

(App)Window Size/Location Cache=False

(App)User Assist History=False

(App)Hotfix Uninstallers=False

(App)Custom Folders=False

(App)Mozilla - Cookies=True

(App)Mozilla - Download History=False

(App)Mozilla - Internet History=False

(App)Invalid File Extensions=False

WINDOW_MAX=1

WINDOW_LEFT=202

WINDOW_TOP=144

WINDOW_WIDTH=620

WINDOW_HEIGHT=450

(App)Run At Startup=True

BackupDir=C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\My Documents

(App)History=False

(App)Recently Typed URLs=False

(App)Other Explorer MRUs=False

UpdateKey=04/26/2009 10:00:08 PM

(App)Search Assistant Autocomplete=False

(App)Windows Log Files=True

CookiesToSave=accenture.com|addons.mozilla.org|amazon.co.uk|amazon.com|badgeaddi

cts.com|bearingpoint.com|brassring.com|bs.serving-sys.com|capitalone.com|careers.bankofamerica.com|careers.verizonwireless.com|car

eers3.accenture.com|careersearch.sprint.com|ccleaner.com|cisco.com|cluecrew.freef

orums.org|electronicarts.112.2o7.net|facebook.com|fair-exchange.com|filehippo.com|google.co.nz|google.co.uk|google.com|groups.google.co

.nz|ibm.com|igate.com|infosys.com|irecruitment.oracle.com|jobs.volt.com|jobs-riteaid.icims.com|keane.com|lloydstsb.co.uk|lloydstsb.com|lntinfotech.com|mail.g

oogle.com|mail.google.com/mail|mckinseyknowledge.122.2o7.net|members.microsoft.com|messenger.msn.com|mi.ll

oydstsb.com|microsoft.com|monster.com|mozilla.com|msn.com|myspace.com|myspacecdn.

com|nb.myspace.com|netflix.com|online.lloydstsb.co.uk|playlist.com|pogo.com|profi

le.microsoft.com|profile.myspace.com|samsung.com|secure-tunnel.com|srgamerica.com|symantec.com|takeforum.com|techmahindra.com|uk.pogo.co

m|verizon.com|verizonbusiness.jobs|verizonwireless.com|wt.infosys.com|www.bearing

point.com|www.fair-exchange.com|www.gecareers.com|www.google.com|www.hadtoplayon.com|www.infosys.co

m|www.keane.com|www.mckinsey.com|www.myspace.com|www.playlist.com|www.samsung.com

|www.secure-tunnel.com|www.takeforum.com|www.volt.com|www22.verizon.com

Are you using a winapp2.ini file?

No.

The obvious way round my initial problem of having recently used files cleaned from Excel is to deselect Office 2003 from my application list, which I have done. This does have the desired effect as far as the used list is concerned. However, does this now mean that temporary files or, indeed, any other data is no being cleared from Office 2003?