CCleaner Community Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Socksboy

Cleaning in admin v. limited XP accounts

As a newbie, I have been very impressed by CCleaner, but am somewhat intriqued by why, when I run it on the XP Admin account on my home PC, it shows no 'issues', but if I then run it from one of our limited accounts, it comes up with about 35 files, which appear to relate to uninstalls for MS updates. These take the form: C:\WINDOWS\$NTUnistallKB834707$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

Running CCleaner, clears them, but they all reappear as soon as I re-run CCleaner on that account. Is this a minor bug in the program, or a problem with my setup?

Many thanks.

:)

As a newbie, I have been very impressed by CCleaner, but am somewhat intriqued by why, when I run it on the XP Admin account on my home PC, it shows no 'issues', but if I then run it from one of our limited accounts, it comes up with about 35 files, which appear to relate to uninstalls for MS updates.  These take the form: C:\WINDOWS\$NTUnistallKB834707$\spuninst\spuninst.exe

Running CCleaner, clears them, but they all reappear as soon as I re-run CCleaner on that account.  Is this a minor bug in the program, or a problem with my setup? 

Many thanks.

:)

I've noticed the same thing.

CCleaner currently doesn't do a good job dealing with multiple XP accounts. Would this shortcoming be addressed, I am sure CCleaner would soon become a valuable app for administrators.