Freeware!

rridgely

Thanks, BrownSugar. Got'em. Now to figure'em out. :blink:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

FTD 3.7.3

Binaries News Poster. only available on invitation

HitManPro

Combines several powerfull anti-spyware apps into 1 giant app. it makes use of ad-aware, SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search & Destroy and several others

MBM5

Monitors many aspects of your mainboard

AutoHotKey

Free Mouse and Keyboard Macro Program with Hotkeys and AutoText. extreemly powerfull to automate MANY tasks

locate dead pixels more easily on your LCD monitor: http://www.laptopshowcase.co.uk/downloads.php?id=1

This is a dead pixel test program. It allows you to easily test your LCD screen for dead pixels.

Hi CeeCee B)

Thanks for the info and link, a good basic little program.

I don't have any dead pixels, but I do have to clean my screen :D

POP Peeper

POP Peeper is an email notifier that runs in your Windows task bar and alerts you when you have new email on your POP3, IMAP (with IDLE support), Hotmail\MSN\LiveMail, Yahoo, Mail.com, MyWay, Excite, Lycos.com, RediffMail, Juno and NetZero accounts. IMAP supports allows you to access AOL, AIM, Netscape and other services. Send mail directly from POP Peeper and use the address book to email your frequently used contacts.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

I know that when you Delete files they are not truly Deleted,was wondering if anyone knows of any freeware that will find all hidden files or folders,I know that you can go under Search Results and check box for search hidden files and folders,thanks for your help

• Moderators

Mediajoin. A nice little application for joining various audio and video files together, and if you like, output them in a different format. It's fast and seamless.

I did mention this in a previous post about joining wav files together to get both "The Wall" discs on one cd, but as there were no replies, I assume you miserable gits must have missed it. :P

And for our Australian viewers, "git" is not a swearword. Fair dinkum?

Mediajoin:

I also recommend FDM now that it's open source under GPL. It now integrates into Firefox without any additional add-on.

From what I've heard, it's a great utility and it's good to see it's open source. I've seen this program frequently discussed and sometimes recommended, but in the past there have questions about phoning home, and how it loads a ton of registry strings. Many programs phone home just to see if there's an upgrade. It would interesting to note if anyone has monitored an install using Total Uninstall or Zsoft's Uninstaller.

Here's one recent analysis:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/freedownl...nloads/6322846/

Now that it's open source, there should be more info about it. Just knowing they've released the sourcecode should put any questions to rest.

However, what's has prevented me from downloading it is the review of their website. I don't know why a clean program would be issued from a site with so many questionable malware downloads:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/freedownl....org/downloads/

It would be nice to see one of the security sites really analyze it at length. I checked Wilders and some recommend it:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=66532

• Moderators

Not too recent because that's back when it was closed-source freeware two versions ago because it's on v2.5 Stable.

Even back in the "suspicious" days it did nothing out of the ordinary when I tried it out, or that I didn't notice. The only suspicion I had about it was a reference to VicMan Software which I think may have had adware in some software title umpteen years ago. This phone home stuff that's being eluded to is probably what it uses to find mirrors - so of course if you use that option/feature which isn't enabled by default it's going to have to use some file information like what you're downloading to find a mirror download server.

FDM does add much into the registry because it's an f'n behemoth, dare I say the Swiss Army knife of download utilities. I probably won't even use half the stuff it has available.

• Moderators

Red Eye Remover.

Simple application that does just as it says, and IMHO it does it very well. Lots of free Photo Organising programs have some sort of red eye removal, but the ones I've come across are not very good, and I include my favourite, Picasa in that.

I installed (under Returnil) Adobe Photoshop SE the other day to correct my daughters holiday snaps as she forgot to set her digital for auto redeye.

Binned it when I was done, as I don't like it or need it, but it's redeye removal is ok.

This little gem is exactly what I needed.

One important point, the site is red flagged by McAfee, but you can read the report and the comments here, and make your own mind up. I scanned this before downloading, and I did a full scan on my pc after installing.

No problems at all, and on the download page, you can opt out of giving your email address etc..

I think this is a little gem for a free program. 3mb on HD. Comes with a good help file, an uninstaller, and a free Web Album Creator which you can choose not to install.

Link:

• Moderators
DVD DECRYPTER

Use at own risk ^_^^_^^_^ DOWNLOAD NOW

You shouldn't really hotlink to download files, it upsets websites! Just provide a download site such as: