Where have all my files gone?

Augeas

• Moderators

Ah, look what happens when you give us all these options...

I selected zero byte, system and deleted files and ran a normal scan, which returned 13067 files. I then selected scan for undeleted files, and the total went up to 47406. Tek wun from 'tother, as they say in Yorkshire (oh do keep up, Davey) and you get 34339 undeleted files.

Yet when I run a virus scan it scans 67000 files. I haven't run an a/v scan recently, but I know I haven't dumped some 33000 files. So why doesn't Recuva show all the undeleted files?

Ah, look what happens when you give us all these options...

I selected zero byte, system and deleted files and ran a normal scan, which returned 13067 files. I then selected scan for undeleted files, and the total went up to 47406. Tek wun from 'tother, as they say in Yorkshire (oh do keep up, Davey) and you get 34339 undeleted files.

Yet when I run a virus scan it scans 67000 files. I haven't run an a/v scan recently, but I know I haven't dumped some 33000 files. So why doesn't Recuva show all the undeleted files?

Tek wun from 'tother, as they say in Yorkshire .

Hey, I like that. I going to have to practice. It sounds like "All Creatures Great and Small" to me. :P

Lovely words. :P

As far as the virus scan counts,who knows what methods of madness lies in the hearts and minds of these scan developers. One says 990,000 and another says 48,000 and another says .....????

Now, I am sure Recuva developers have their reasons also. I trust Recuva figures more than A/V scanners.

Wutcha tink ?

:) davey

• Moderators

Aye, 'appen. I've just looked at the properties of Windows, Program Files, i386 and Documents and Settings on the C drive and added up the file counts (that should be most of the little devils). It comes to 32480. So If I add a few more for the odd smaller folders then Recuva's figure of 34339 seems quite reasonable. One more win for Recuva. Eh up, lad!