USB Device Unrecognized

woodiee11

I had not run CCleaner in several months and ran it the other day. V2.11.636 and after running it the two usb ports on the front of my computer don't recongnize anything I plug into them, my mouse is still working as it is plugged into the rear usb port. Any others having this issue? It has never happened before and I've used CCleaner for several years. Thanks

Welcome woodiee11

I don't believe CCleaner had anything to do with the USB ports becoming inactive.

Disconnect the USB devices then reboot then go into Control panel then System then Hardware then look at Universal Serial Bus controllers then select the Properties of each Root Hub and ensure that its Power Management properties are disabled.

I like USBDeview to see what USB devices have been attached to the USB ports:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

You are probly right. It was no doubt a coincedence; nothing I have tried gets my front usb ports back yet, and I've done a lot.....I will see what your usb program has to say.. Thanks,

Welcome woodiee11

I don't believe CCleaner had anything to do with the USB ports becoming inactive.

Disconnect the USB devices then reboot then go into Control panel then System then Hardware then look at Universal Serial Bus controllers then select the Properties of each Root Hub and ensure that its Power Management properties are disabled.

I like USBDeview to see what USB devices have been attached to the USB ports:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

After doing a restore there was no change in USB ports, so just for fun I unplugged from AC for 20 min and resarted the computer???? lo and behold the USB ports now work????

Don't know but it looks like geko sh>>. got in my computer.

You are probly right. It was no doubt a coincedence; nothing I have tried gets my front usb ports back yet, and I've done a lot.....I will see what your usb program has to say.. Thanks,

• Moderators

I'm gald I came back here if only to read

Don't know but it looks like geko sh>>. got in my computer.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com