Huge BUG

Cheese

2 times now, I have run the latest beta version, v1.02.085 and it has DELETED my secondary partition, the first time, I lost GIGS of data and was NOT happy about this, today, I ran it again after that last time, which was months ago, and the thing deleted my D partition AGAIN.

WTF is going on here?

If this happens again, I am going to have to recommend against using this until issue is looked into and fixed as this is a HUGE bug.

I use Defraggler on my XP Home system that has an 80GB hard drive partitioned into two 40GB partitions and I have not had a problem like you describe.

What operating system are you running?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Need to clarify this, the partition doesn't get deleted, but the drive letter disappears and the drive is no longer a active partition until i reformat it and assign it drive letter. I will try to test this and get screen shots of before and after.

Also, it says my version is Beta even though it's the same version number.... :blink:
Did you install a SP3 beta at one time?

Did you un-install the beta before installing the GA release?

All of my systems indicate SP3 without any beta indication

t1722_sp.png

If I remember correctly a SP3 beta really messed up my XP Home system and the only way to recover was to FORMAT and re-install XP Home then install all of the updates.

I ordered the SP2 CD from Microsoft and used that to speed up the installation but there still was about 60 more patches to get to the current SP2.

I now have a SP3 CD that I ordered in case I have to go through this process again.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Did you install a SP3 beta at one time?

Did you un-install the beta before installing the GA release?

All of my systems indicate SP3 without any beta indication

t1722_sp.png

If I remember correctly a SP3 beta really messed up my XP Home system and the only way to recover was to FORMAT and re-install XP Home then install all of the updates.

I ordered the SP2 CD from Microsoft and used that to speed up the installation but there still was about 60 more patches to get to the current SP2.

I now have a SP3 CD that I ordered in case I have to go through this process again.

I format this machine sometimes once a month, and the last time it was the official download from WU.

I uninstalled it this morning and installed a new install and it's showing the correct version now.