So Damn Embarrassing

Humpty

Went to Bunnings, our huge hardware store chain over here, to buy myself a sliding drop power saw.

Only a cheapie for around 300 bucks but it would be fine for my needs.

After getting it home and setting it up it was a sliding saw no probs but it wouldn't lift and drop.

Cursing under my breath I repacked it and went back to get the sliding drop model.

Salesman says to me "Did ya read the instructions"

Me "Nope"

Salesman "Well if ya did you would have known there's a spring loaded pin at the back of the motor that when removed allows it to lift and drop"

The embarrassment was nearly unbearable. :(:(:(

Oh well, still living and learning!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Smart arse salesperson !

Seriously , going from a dynamic , engineering , exporting successful nation to a third world level service orientated

nation of losers is going to be really hard for the USA to stomach . The UK has managed to do all that in a few decades & could be a role model for other once mighty nations to follow .

Anyway in God we trust & I hope your God smiles on you .

hub

JHC

Went to Bunnings, our huge hardware store chain over here, to buy myself a sliding drop power saw.

Only a cheapie for around 300 bucks but it would be fine for my needs.

After getting it home and setting it up it was a sliding saw no probs but it wouldn't lift and drop.

Cursing under my breath I repacked it and went back to get the sliding drop model.

Salesman says to me "Did ya read the instructions"

Me "Nope"

Salesman "Well if ya did you would have known there's a spring loaded pin at the back of the motor that when removed allows it to lift and drop"

The embarrassment was nearly unbearable. :(:(:(

Oh well, still living and learning!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

I thought you wanted the "sliding drop" model not the "spring loaded pin" model.

Any how what Larry said sounds like very good advice to me.

Especially when it is called "sliding drop" and it has a high power driven saw blade spinning about.

If you start calling yourself "Stumpy" then we won't need any detailed explanations. Some "snap-shots" might be interesting. :(

:) davey

P.S. Thanks for sharing your moment with us !!!

That salesperson sounds like the kind we all would enjoy dealing with. :P