What type of firewall do you use?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What type of firewall do you use?

• Hardware
    • Software
    • Both hardware and software
    • None

On 9/4/2008 at 18:35, YoKenny said:

My ISP DSL SpeedStream 6520 modem has a built in firewall so I only use the Windows firewall just so that the Security Center does not nag at me that I am un-protected.

That's only a small part of the solution. The rest would be actual application handling and, unfortunately, the ONLY solution currently is Comodo (that is, one which is viable for a wide range of the general public to use); and it has to be set to 1) Advanced View and 2) Firewall to Custom Ruleset and 3) Auto-Containment to Enabled with the rest of the components to your liking and personal needs; mine are kept to off, as I'm always extremely careful what I run on the PC - and, also, how everything is configured (for example, using Firefox with a custom user.js and mozilla.cfg). :)

P.S. Not to mention a HUGE range of Local Group Policy, a self-healing hosts file and so on and so forth.

EDIT: As you can see from "NETWORK INTRUSIONS" in the screenshot - things are trying to run wild in the background - and I've only cleaned that log file minutes ago; everything that's not in use stays blocked because, why would we want it any other way, heh.

fw.PNG

co.PNG