• McAfee
    • Nod32
    • Norton
    • Panda
    • TrendMicro
    • Microsoft Security Essentials
    • Other
    • None

Immunet in my opinion was bleh from the get go. I remember when it was first released and it was impossible to register to even use it and allot of people had the same issue, which was why I never bothered attempting to get it to work ever again.

I used Norton for years until I realized that MS's Security Essentials does the same job with one important difference... a payment of $40 to $60 a year is not required. So, between MBAM and MSSE, I have not had any issues since I made the switch two years ago.

good to know @Umrk, my Norton's was down to it's last 2 months of subscription and I also ditched it and went to MS Defender at the start of this month.

no probs so far.

after reading all the results from various AV test sites, Defender has finally matured into a product that only am I comfortable in recommending to others, but that I'm confident enough to use myself.

As of today I'm using Kaspersky Free Antivirus which comes with a 365 days license. Too early to tell if I'll keep it installed or not however it seems to be running good on WinXP.

Bless you, Andavari.  Now I can follow you, and see if Kas will work on xp here... :ph34r: 

Have been looking for a replacement for Avast.  

Still going very well! Supposedly it's not compatible with Microsoft User Profile Hive Cleanup and offers to uninstall it during setup, I didn't allow the uninstall and so far I haven't had any issues... ...yet.

So far it's the only antivirus (free or paid) that I've used in 10+ years that doesn't have glaringly obvious bugs right out of the gate which is exceptionally surprising.

Now I use Windows Defender. I used to have Norton but that became a real pita, whenever it updated it break something within Norton requiring a reinstall of the program.

1 hour ago, theeban055 said:

i dont use any antivirus now

Wow that's risky and doesn't just make you vulnerable but any machines that connect to the same intranet as you do. 

Thanks for furthering their objectives ;) just kidding...kinda

4 hours ago, theeban055 said:

i dont use any antivirus now but i used to use avast and its my favorite for ever.

hopefully you mean "don't use any 3rd party AV program" and therefore replying on the inbuilt one in Windows 7, 8 or 10 - which is just fine.

but to have no AV altogether well, no nice way to say it, you're just kidding yourself.