Spyware Hell

Corona

Okay, how many people didn't click on this link because you thought it would mean you'd be getting a warning post?

Why is Spyware Hell stuck in the goddam smack middle of 4 innocent forums that may bring the wrath of hell if you accidently post there? Hey, here's a thought. Let's stick Spyware Hell in the middle of CCleaner and Recuva. See how many faux pas birth from THAT oopsie. My solution? Put it in a forum separate from all other forums. Yes. Give it it's own forum that's completely separate from the rest. Jeezum Crow, get a clue.

Okay, how many people didn't click on this link because you thought it would mean you'd be getting a warning post?

Why is Spyware Hell stuck in the goddam smack middle of 4 innocent forums that may bring the wrath of hell if you accidently post there? Hey, here's a thought. Let's stick Spyware Hell in the middle of CCleaner and Recuva. See how many faux pas birth from THAT oopsie. My solution? Put it in a forum separate from all other forums. Yes. Give it it's own forum that's completely separate from the rest. Jeezum Crow, get a clue.

OK!!! I'll bite.

What did you do ?

When did you do it ?

:) davey

• Moderators

Hi Corona,

Don't exactly know what you are on about but gather that you may have posted in a Spyware Hell thread and were asked via pm to refrain from doing so?

Spyware Hell, where users logs and virus/malware issues are dealt with by qualified spyware mods, is an area where non-spyware mods are asked not to post.

This is because when you have a spyware problem you need expert help from trained people and on a one to one basis. Problems have been caused in the past where people have posted in a thread, with well meaning advice, which was not appropriate for that particular problem.

As for where the Spyware Hell section is, it's where it has always been.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Heh, I knew this would get a response.

I only posted in Spyware Hell once by accident many months ago & know better now. (You were privy to that, Hazelnut, you PM'd me about it.)

My only gripe is, why is Spyware Hell nestled in among other forums that are more "open".

I also am guilty of trying to help in Spyware Hell and other forums as well.

I took my HijackThis training ages ago at the Tom Coyote forum and helped out there for a while until there were so many helpers that I gave up.

Unfortunately now the malware has mutated so much and is constantly mutating that it takes full time malware busters like the MBAM team to keep up with the rampant proliferation of these new infections.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I also am guilty of trying to help in Spyware Hell and other forums as well.

Me too, didn't know any better, got a pm from someone I never heard of and very soon the post just disappeared. :blink:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I think I might understand what you're saying.

So perhaps that forum needs its own special area?

Like moving Spyware Hell to its section.

An images speaks louder than words, and example (click to enlarge):

pfsrsh472.png.xs.jpg

Yeah, something like this...

th_spywareforum.jpg

I'm sure there's a rule about not posting in Spyware Hell in the forum rules. Who reads rules, we know them by heart. No cursing, no flame wars, no pr0n, no dirty language, etc., got it. The Spyware rule (and it's an excellent one) should be posted right on the banner of the SH forum itself. People are more likely to notice it there than tucked away in some big EULA-looking post on another page.

And you can throw in a little twisted humor, like such...

spywareforum2.jpg

• Moderators

For what it's worth, I think that's a pretty sound idea. Nice pics.

But seeing as we're talking about posting in the Spyware thread, I might as well add my twopenneth.

I think it's quite easy to inadvertently make a post in the Spyware Hell section when answering queries on the "Todays Active Topics" page. I did that myself a short while back, and the post was quite rightly deleted.

I saw a question asking what HiJackThis was, and how to use it, and I answered it without realising it was in the Spyware Hell section. Careless, but easy to do in a mixed section page.

On the other hand, there's obviously people on here who could give pretty helpful advice on Spyware problems, but there's a hell of a lot more who surely couldn't, and could cause a lot of grief by trying. There has to be a firm line drawn, otherwise anyone could and probably would have a crack at it.

My opinion is no one but a recognized SpyWare Moderator should give any advice whatsoever on any type of problem concerning malware. Whether it be asking them if they've done any scans or suggesting that they try scanning. Any post related in any way to a possible infection of any kind should be passed to the Spyware Hell section.

I appreciate that means some knowledgable people will have to stifle that knowledge and experience, but to prevent the misguided helpers thinking they can follow suit, that's the only way it will work. And the term misguided is not meant in any detrimental way.

But as I said at the outset, that's just my twopenneth.

It would be interesting to move it into it's own category. Would make sense. Good job on the picture editing, because it looks very realistic.

AJ

I think it fits in just fine where it is in Computer Help and Discussion

I would like to see Spyware Hell have a banner like:

Please review Malware Removal Guide before posting a request for help

Or:

New Users Start Here First, Before Posting For Help

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
I think it fits in just fine where it is in Computer Help and Discussion

I would like to see Spyware Hell have a banner like:

Please review Malware Removal Guide before posting a request for help

Or:

New Users Start Here First, Before Posting For Help

As Hazel mentioned earlier, it's not up to the mods, but IMO that's not a bad idea.

It would save someone hanging around waiting to be instructed to follow a cause of action they could already be doing while waiting for a Spyware Moderators help.

Food for thought.

Yeah, but in bright evil red so it looks really different than your typical forum division. It should visually jump out and say ABANDON HOPE ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE.

I think you should pin that beneath your avatar. :lol: