Google Chrome

Hi guys,

I think CCleaner is an excellent program and I use it regularly.

I've just downloaded and installed Google's new browser, Chrome, and so far it's really good.

Is there anyway you can incorporate Google Chrome into CCleaner so it can clear the history, cookies, cache, etc of Chrome too? Even though it's just started out, due to Google's popularity, I feel it'll gain a large audience quite quickly so a lot of people will probably want this feature.

Another suggestion, that I'm sure you've already had, is to allow users to create their own plugins for CCleaner. They could be just simple files, structured like INI files, and the user can define registry keys and values and file locations that CCleaner should clean. These would then appear as an option in the main Cleaner tab.

Keep up the good work guys!

Dominic :)

• Moderators

on your second Idea, just do a SEARCH for winapp2.ini

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Hi Dominic, and welcome to the forum.

Just a suggestion to achieve your aim immediately. If you know the path to the Chrome folders you want to clean, you can add them to CCleaners "Include" feature.

CCleaner\Options\Include\Add Folder or Add File.

Just remember to check "Custom Files and Folders" in the advanced section.

Just a suggestion to achieve your aim immediately. If you know the path to the Chrome folders you want to clean, you can add them to CCleaners "Include" feature.

CCleaner\Options\Include\Add Folder or Add File.

Just remember to check "Custom Files and Folders" in the advanced section.

Hi Dennis

Could you please tell us which Folders we have to add in case of google chrome browser?

Thank you in advance

• Moderators

Hi hamza, and welcome to the forum.

I don't have it installed, so I dunno where it sends it's stuff, but if you watch this space, either Dominic the original poster will fill you in on that, or maybe one of the guys on here still using Chrome.

Hello,

The directory that the temp files are kept is in %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. The only two relevant files in this root directory are \Default\History, which has bookmarks in it, and \Default\Preferences, which stores preferences. It may be good to keep the \Default\Plugin Data\ folder as well but I have not experimented :) What I do know is that the majority of files are just cache and will restore themselves upon startup.

EDIT: Scratch what I said above :P Chrome has a built-in deletion utility which erases all files but the following:

Current Session ~~useless?

Preferences ~~settings

Web Data ~~probably usage stats?

Thumbnails ~~icon cache, bookmark images get distorted when this gets erased

Archived History ~~useless?

Cookies ~~useless?

Visited Links ~~useless?

History ~~stores bookmarks

Small follow-up:

All files but \Preferences, \Thumbnails, \History can be removed without a hitch. \Preferences removes the options configuration, \Thumbnails preserves the icons for bookmarks and bookmark toolbars, and \History stores bookmarks. The built-in utility SHRINKS \Thumbnails and \History, presumably to remove the browsing thumbnail cache and browsing history

- so in other words, my CCleaner.ini file looks like this

Include1=PATH|C:\Documents and Settings\StreamlinePanda\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\|*.*Exclude1=PATH|C:\Documents and Settings\StreamlinePanda\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Plugin Data\|*.*Exclude2=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\StreamlinePanda\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\|HistoryExclude3=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\StreamlinePanda\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\|PreferencesExclude4=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\StreamlinePanda\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\|Thumbnails

.. but I still have to run the built-in utility because I don't know how to read these files or modify their contents from a script.

Anyone have anything to add?

I wanted to at least clean the cache via CCleaner... So, I add the following as a Quick and Dirty way.. Maybe the developer can give Chrome it's own number 30xx?

[Chrome]LangSecRef=3021Detect=HKCU\Software\Google\Update\ClientsDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache|*.*

I wanted to at least clean the cache via CCleaner... So, I add the following as a Quick and Dirty way.. Maybe the developer can give Chrome it's own number 30xx?

[Chrome]LangSecRef=3021Detect=HKCU\Software\Google\Update\ClientsDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache|*.*

is there a way to work in includes/excludes into the filekey ini? all files besides \History, \Preferences, \Thumbnails, and \Plugin Data\ are safe for deletion

Include1=PATH|C:\Documents and Settings\StreamlinePanda\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\|*.*Exclude1=PATH|C:\Documents and Settings\StreamlinePanda\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Plugin Data\|*.*Exclude2=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\StreamlinePanda\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\|HistoryExclude3=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\StreamlinePanda\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\|PreferencesExclude4=FILE|C:\Documents and Settings\StreamlinePanda\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\|Thumbnails