Running CCleaner from a pen drive.

Hi, I am writing a book about tools to use to clean up messed up computers, there is a section on building a pen drive to use in cleaning up computers.

I would like to add CCleaner because I use it myself and install the latest and then remove (or leave it if they want) on computers that are brought to me to clean up.

Is there a way to set this up now?

(I looked and did not see a way to run it from a portable drive, maybe it's my eyes..)

Thank you in advance for your answer, and for the wonderful program.

http://www.drowningindata.com - stop drowning in data.

• Moderators

There's a portible version, go to downloads page and go to other builds :)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Welcome to Piriform Drowningindata.

Is there a way to set this up now?

(I looked and did not see a way to run it from a portable drive, maybe it's my eyes..)

Yes you can run CCleaner from a Flash Drive. I run CCleaner at work which as been installed for years but an old version something like CCleaner 1.17.094. So I asked the IT techs if they could install the newer version and they said we don't install CCleaner now because its a registry editor. So stuff them I WinZipped my CCleaner and unzipped it to my own folder at work and it runs perfectly, but I didn't use the ini option.

Now the only thing you have to watch is if you want the same settings on any machine you use it on then your better of using the CCleaner.ini option. Open CC and click on Options\Advanced and click the Save all settings to INI file. Then you can WinZip the CCleaner folder and unzip it to your Flash Drive and run it from there. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best