Warning Event Notification

mpossoff

Hi all with the suggestion of Rip:

In regards to your Hard Drives, I recommend that you create a new topic in this forum, where one of the experts can better assist you on that issue.

Because of an issue that he said:

If you haven't had any malware issues before this, it's possible your just having issues with your hard drive(s). Can you see about posting a HijackThis log, and possibly a MalwareBytes Anti-Malware scan log, as well?

It might be a wise idea to back up your data in the meantime, the backups can always be scanned by anti-virus software at a later date in time.

All the malware removal tools resulted in being no malware present.

A bit ago I had a:

Inside the box it says:

SMART has detected a problem with a Hard Disk Drive.

1. Back up your data immediately.

2. Contact your Help Desk or Dell Technical Support immediately.

Never heard of this.

Can someone help and guide me on what and how to deal with this?

Marc

Hi all with the suggestion of Rip:

In regards to your Hard Drives, I recommend that you create a new topic in this forum, where one of the experts can better assist you on that issue.

Because of an issue that he said:

If you haven't had any malware issues before this, it's possible your just having issues with your hard drive(s). Can you see about posting a HijackThis log, and possibly a MalwareBytes Anti-Malware scan log, as well?

It might be a wise idea to back up your data in the meantime, the backups can always be scanned by anti-virus software at a later date in time.

All the malware removal tools resulted in being no malware present.

A bit ago I had a:

Inside the box it says:

SMART has detected a problem with a Hard Disk Drive.

1. Back up your data immediately.

2. Contact your Help Desk or Dell Technical Support immediately.

Never heard of this.

Can someone help and guide me on what and how to deal with this?

Marc

Hi Marc,

I am a hardware "newbie" myself but I would start backing up my data to another drive or whatever means you have. When you fail that S.M.A.R.T.test it means your Hard Drive is getting "BAD".

Don't go doing any more scans or heavy use of your hard-drive but they are serious about this warning.

Get your data backed-up first then you can try some other tests.

Good luck,

:) davey

P.S. Yes, I have needed and had other "Back Up" files also.

That is why I tell users about Karen's free Replicator program. It is simple to use and reliable.

Karen's Replicator

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp

Bookmark it and save to Favorites.

I use SpeedFan to monitor my hard drive performance with its S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring capability:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Download then run it and chose the S.M.A.R.T tab.

If the Raw Read Error Rate or Seek Error Rate is greater than 0 then better get the backups ready.

I like its Automatic speed fan control and the Minimize feature to see what is happening inside the sysem.

There are 10 types of people that know how to count in binary

1. Those that do. :)

2. Those that don't. :o

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
When you fail that S.M.A.R.T.test it means your Hard Drive is getting "BAD".

Don't go doing any more scans or heavy use of your hard-drive but they are serious about this warning.

...and the backups need to be done as soon as possible, however if burning CD's/DVD's make sure your burning software has a Verification after disc is burned function, otherwise you could be potentially backing up already corrupted files.

A couple of free CD/DVD burning software with built in verification (verification has to be enabled though, it's not a default option):