defraggler too long

wmmead

Depends on how bad your data is fragmented on your drive or drives,I have seen some take all day. Mine took me about 2 hours the first time around but now it like five or ten minutes. I consolidated both my drives first then defragmented them,I only use about 1/3 of each drive so I keep my date all out to the outer edge of the disc.

8 hours & only 28% completed?!?? Surely this can't be normal. Any suggestions appreciated.

Hello wmmead,

It is only presuming on our part but most of us now-a-days have more than a few multi GB files on our Drives.

Depending on how many logical and physical drives you have Defraggler can get hung up on some.

You might want to start a New topic regarding Partioning and such on the Software forum.

This would also help many others even me. I don't have a lot GB files but I know many do.

I would also recommend Andavari's Defraggler Shell. This takes advantage of Defraggler's speed in defragging files. With Andavari's shell program you can then concentrate on defragging only those files and folders that are needed for improved performance related to your daily use. This leaves all the "monster" files like movies and such where they be .

You may find like me that you never need complete disk defragging again. :P

Andavari's Defraggler Shell

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=17287

Good luck,

:) davey