Wireless ISP Wireless Router

tomcatonnet99

Just noticed the MaxTcpWindowSize in the registry for winxp keeps being changed automatically despite re-setting permissions to administrator access only, even denying the system access to it; for some strange reason and I suspect its the netgear router that keeps changing the value from 130640 ( which gives me a good speed even when data-capped - at least a better dial up speed!! ) to 16400 (which just slows it down heaps!!) now using the same service providers' wireless modem didn't make any changes to the registry but using their wireless modem card inserted in the wireless router is the culprit I guess...

Does anybody have any ideas as to preventing Tcp Window size from being automatically changed ?? coz its a value the user should be free to set and the ISP could govern the data transmission speeds ( NOT ! how fast I'm able to unpack the package received at my end!)

thanks

Just noticed the MaxTcpWindowSize in the registry for winxp keeps being changed automatically despite re-setting permissions to administrator access only, even denying the system access to it; for some strange reason and I suspect its the netgear router that keeps changing the value from 130640 ( which gives me a good speed even when data-capped - at least a better dial up speed!! ) to 16400 (which just slows it down heaps!!) now using the same service providers' wireless modem didn't make any changes to the registry but using their wireless modem card inserted in the wireless router is the culprit I guess...

Does anybody have any ideas as to preventing Tcp Window size from being automatically changed ?? coz its a value the user should be free to set and the ISP could govern the data transmission speeds ( NOT ! how fast I'm able to unpack the package received at my end!)

thanks

you better post your problem HERE

would having DNS client disabled in Hostsman have caused this atall? thats the only other thing on my pc which is new ...............I wouldn't think so but as you can tell I'm at my wits-end and trying to provide any and all possible causes and changes made to the system...

Ok this one could be crucial : lansman size buffer is the only other value set at 16384 could this be conflicting with the tcp window on my wireless router, wireless Lan ?? should I be checking a certain service atall to prevent any conflict between wireless internet and wireless lan ??