SiteAdvisor v.2.8.271 concern

hazelnut

Only worthy of a Klaxon:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/klaxon.htm

Oh goody. Another forum to follow. :)

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Some people may not like having a hidden file on their system Kenny, and are entitled to be made aware of it in my opinion.

All my post did was bring this fact to their attention.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Some people may not like having a hidden file on their system Kenny, and are entitled to be made aware of it in my opinion.

All my post did was bring this fact to their attention.

I'm with you on this Hazel. I hate any software that attempts to hide information from the user. Although I dont use siteadvisor anyway

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

Since cleaning of SiteAdvisor is already in the winapp2.ini file, we could add cleaning...

[*McAfee SiteAdvisor]LangSecRef=3024DetectFile=%appdata%\SiteAdvisorDefault=TrueFileKey1=%appdata%\SiteAdvisor|asserts.txtFileKey2=%allusersdata%\SiteAdvisor|*.logFileKey3=%commonappdata%\McAfee\MCLOGS\MISP\SAService|SAService*.logFileKey4=%homedrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\SACore\Cache|*.*|RECURSE

Would my solution work?

Edit: FileKey4 changed to reflect YoKenny's suggestion.

• Moderators
I think that was it, Dennis. Have you by chance tried it?

I'm using Opera all the time now, and there's no Site Advisor for it, but I fired up FF and installed it under Returnil out of curiosity.

I didn't get past the ULA. I didn't like giving them carte blanche permission to take details of all the sites I visit, so I declined and it was removed.

I always read ULA's.

I think that was it, Dennis. Have you by chance tried it?

I'm using WoT on my XP Home system.

I like it because it takes input and acts on it unlike SiteAdvisor.

One of its feeds is the hpHosts file.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Would my solution work?

That's exactly what I was thinking of doing if those files in appdata appeared. Although the ending " on your FileKey4 probably shouldn't be there. :P

So far I don't have any of those folders, etc., on my system using Firefox's SA 26.6.

To be honest it really doesn't worry me one bit, because I can have CCleaner secure delete the files in that folder. I know people are upset and call it a privacy concern, however when on the Internet data collection is rampant, so don't think someone or some big company, or some government couldn't pull up everything you've looked at via cooperation with your ISP, etc.

This is what works on my XP Pro system

[*McAfee SiteAdvisor]LangSecRef=3024DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%homedrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data\SACore\Cache|*.*|RECURSE

Note: the FileKey1 should be one line

IE7Pro user