registry cleaner

Jim B

I'm using a HP laptop with vista installed.

I removed an application (AutoCAD LT) from the system.

I then ran the registry scaner in CCleaner. It found a lot of autocad entries. I selected only them and I had them "fixed".

I then ran regedit and searched for autocad. There are numerous entries still in the registry.

Can someone please explain why this is?

I want to reinstall autocad, but want to start with an absolutely clean slate.

Thank's, Jim

I'm using a HP laptop with vista installed.

I removed an application (AutoCAD LT) from the system.

I then ran the registry scaner in CCleaner. It found a lot of autocad entries. I selected only them and I had them "fixed".

I then ran regedit and searched for autocad. There are numerous entries still in the registry.

Can someone please explain why this is?

I want to reinstall autocad, but want to start with an absolutely clean slate.

Thank's, Jim

Hi Jim,

CCleaners registry "cleaner" is a very very "mild" cleaner. When you use it you need to repeat the process a few times. However, CCleaner is designed to be fast and mild and most of all safe.

AutoCad is a product that creates a lot of entries. It is also best to use some user or MVP users solution to cleaning out all those keys. In most cases this resolves the problem. I would go to their forum for advice and possibly some custom designed procedures.

Good luck,

:) davey

Hi Jim,

CCleaners registry "cleaner" is a very very "mild" cleaner. When you use it you need to repeat the process a few times. However, CCleaner is designed to be fast and mild and most of all safe.

AutoCad is a product that creates a lot of entries. It is also best to use some user or MVP users solution to cleaning out all those keys. In most cases this resolves the problem. I would go to their forum for advice and possibly some custom designed procedures.

Good luck,

:) davey

I'm not hip to to all these acronyms, What do you mean by MVP?

Thanks