Clear USB devices from registry

juju

Would it be possible to add a feature to CCleaner that would clear the USB device list from the registry. As people may or may not know

the registry stores every USB device you have used along with the Device Name and how many times it is used.

Sort of an anti version of the free Checkpoint tool - www.checkpoint.com/devicediscoverytool

I use USBDeview v1.25 - View all installed/connected USB devices on your system and it does not need a subscription to download:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

As people may or may not know

the registry stores every USB device you have used along with the Device Name and how many times it is used.

Thanks, this was new to me. Also thanks Kenny for the program.

Edit: Btw, they are listed in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB

Edit2: I wonder is there any similar programs for displays, since i found an entry referring to my previous Compaq CRT monitor under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY

There's also an entry referring to Samsung display. Never had Samsung, but this computer must be connected to it, when this computer was built-up in a store and they tested it.

Just backup the registry before messing with it, preferably with System Restore and ERUNT.

I removed those unused/old display entries via Device Manager. I just had to use these commands to make them visible:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

start devmgmt.msc

Haven't noticed any problems after removing them.

Also removed obsolete USB-device entries with that USBDeview program.