ADD on for IE

CRoz

Thanks ....

But now problem is i was one site today and message came Adobe Flash player or something like that i have to install and maybe i click Cancel(This is enable in IE7pro)

and thn IEpro icon gone from bottom of the screen and now all Addvertise banner again popedup...........how can i get this back

This will do it for you and much more. http://www.ie7pro.com/

This has been reported before especially if you are using Vista.

Discuss IE7Pro:

http://forum.ie7pro.com

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Thanks ....

But now problem is i was one site today and message came Adobe Flash player or something like that i have to install and maybe i click Cancel(This is enable in IE7pro)

and thn IEpro icon gone from bottom of the screen and now all Addvertise banner again popedup...........how can i get this back

Ho CRoz,

I really like IE7Pro very much.

It has many features that take sometime to learn. I still don't know them all but it sure is a great add-on for IE6 and IE7.

Right click the IE7Pro icon in the IE Status Bar or select IE7Pro Preferences in Tools in IE7 Menu Bar .

Click on Ad Blocker in left pane and then click on Reset Defaults in right pane.

t1376_20080809070915.png

This should reset your ad blocker for you. The settings as I have shown block the ads and banners etc. but allow you to still use Adobe Flash Player which you will need for many "popular" Web Sites.

Good luck,

:) davey

Thanks davey but i dont have this ICON anymore in the IE status bar

thats the problem this is suddenly dissappear

Ho CRoz,

I really like IE7Pro very much.

It has many features that take sometime to learn. I still don't know them all but it sure is a great add-on for IE6 and IE7.

Right click the IE7Pro icon in the IE Status Bar or select IE7Pro Preferences in Tools in IE7 Menu Bar .

Click on Ad Blocker in left pane and then click on Reset Defaults in right pane.

t1376_20080809070915.png

This should reset your ad blocker for you. The settings as I have shown block the ads and banners etc. but allow you to still use Adobe Flash Player which you will need for many "popular" Web Sites.

Good luck,

Hi CRoz,

I would reboot and see what happens.

If no no joy than reinstall IE7Pro.

I have WinXP Pro SP3.

I haven't had any problems with IE7Pro since installing about 4-5 months ago.

I just re-installed a couple of minutes ago. No problem except you must download and then close IE of course.

Good luck,

Pardon my ignorance here, but is IE7 Pro a Microsoft product and is it a freeware/upgrade allowed under the windows xp home oem (pre-installed xp ) ? or does one need to purchase a licence for it ?

Not Microsoft and free and the only add-on I have on my PC.

It makes things simple as can be. You may not like it but try it out and see.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=110947

Ok thanks for that Davey, but just what features are the ones that are endearing as compared to IE7 pls?

IE7 Pro will give you Ad Blocking, Mouse Gesture, Drag and Drop, Flash Blocking, User Java Script, Speed Dial like Opera (called easy home page in IE7 Pro) and lots more. Go to the link provided for IE7 Pro and it lists all the features and an explanation for each.

I consider it training wheels for Firefox and Opera. I recommended it to the people I know that use IE7 and it gives them some experience with advanced browser functions without having to switch browsers.

If it does mouse gestures, it's worth it for that feature alone. I can't imagine not using them now. (Opera)

It does but not as many as Opera. Don't you have IE7 Pro installed?

Fire Gestures for FireFox is excellent to. All my browsers have some form of mouse gestures I wouldn't use one that doesn't now.

Please see:

http://forum.ie7pro.com/viewtopic.php?id=3689

Press Ctrl+F7 then select Show wider IE7Pro icon area (*)

You have to stop all IE sessions then restart IE.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

MVPS.org HOSTS File is a good choice because it will work for any and all browsers.

Plus it uses way less system resources.

IE7Pro user

MVPS.org HOSTS File is a good choice because it will work for any and all browsers.

Great ad on this! just installed it and its good to seem the ads/ banners not load but it seems to prevent certain other functions too e.g as I'm typing this reply the Extra Formatting button has been blocked too!

Does it slow down the download (overall)? by running services in the background or is it absolutely inobstrusive in its working, also I noticed it replaced (renamed rather) the HOsts file - was that a IE7 (Microsoft ) file ? Also the restricted sites list ( is that microsoft generated or Spybot ?? ) - sorry just thought I'd include all relevant questions in here - easier sorted out in one go and easily understood ( to me atleast :)

Is there a way to selectively control its features ? I use IE7

many thanks

PS : I understand the only way to uninstall or remove Hosts.mvps is to rename the file to Hosts in the system32/drivers/ETC - would that be right?

Great ad on this! just installed it and its good to seem the ads/ banners not load but it seems to prevent certain other functions too e.g as I'm typing this reply the Extra Formatting button has been blocked too!

What Extra Formatting button would that be?

Does it slow down the download (overall)? by running services in the background or is it absolutely inobstrusive in its working, also I noticed it replaced (renamed rather) the HOsts file - was that a IE7 (Microsoft ) file ? Also the restricted sites list ( is that microsoft generated or Spybot ?? ) - sorry just thought I'd include all relevant questions in here - easier sorted out in one go and easily understood ( to me atleast :)

Microsoft installs a default HOSTS file that basically does nothing other than pointing to localhost which is your computer home that gives a pleasant differentiation to There is no place like home

The Spybot S&D HOSTS file entries are poorly maintained and are not recommended to use.

The Restricted Site list is populated by Spybot S&D's Immunize feature.

I use hpHosts and MVPS HOSTS files only managed by HostsMan and I use its enclosed proxy HostsServer to speed up Internet browsing:

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

http://hosts-file.net/?s=Download

http://www.abelhadigital.com

Is there a way to selectively control its features ? I use IE7

Unselect its Ad-ins, Module and User scripts in the Properties.

many thanks

PS : I understand the only way to uninstall or remove Hosts.mvps is to rename the file to Hosts in the system32/drivers/ETC - would that be right?

HostsMan will give you an option to disable the HOSTS file if you enable it in its Tools then Options.

IE7Pro user

How do you go about trouble shooting a host file if it is blocking something it shouldn't be or you don't want it to be blocking? With ad blockers it's easy to do.
I use HostsServer's Log file with its Log referrer enabled.

t1388_referer.png

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Than you already knew IE7 Pro had mouse gestures? It sounded like you didn't know.

I can see why you thought that. :)

It sounded like a query although it was just an affirmation of the value of mouse gestures, if you see what I mean. :blink:

• Moderators

That's great thing with a HOSTS file to block garbage on the web. Although sometimes you'll still have to use your ad blocking software for web browsers, i.e.; Adblock Plus in Firefox and IE7Pro in IE.

Does it slow down the download (overall)? by running services in the background or is it absolutely inobstrusive in its working

It shouldn't cause any slow downloads. Sites that use ad's should now load faster. It's unobtrusive.