Autorun CCleaner at Shutdown

homey

Couldn't the option be added (under "Settings") for "Run CCleaner when computer shuts down" so that CCleaner would automatically run immediately after the operator instructs their computer to shut down? And perhaps with a little info/warning message that pops up to say something like "Please wait. CCleaner is running before Windows shuts down"?

Have you seen this?

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=16551

Note the versions it works with

Thanks so much!

This *does* seem to be basically what I need. That is, I wanted to be able to click something on shutdown that would cause CCleaner to run (as pre-set, but not including the reg cleaning) followed by a shutting down of my PC. After trying this once from a shortcut I created on my desktop, it seems to do exactly that, which is wonderful!

Oddly, I can't get my shortcut to use the special shutdown icon, though (it shows as being applied in the shortcut's Properties, but not in actual fact on my desktop).*

*I discovered the reason for my problem with the icon. In Windows Vista, a little security shield picture is added to the icon right on top of the little picture of the shutdown button, which makes it look identical to the regular CCleaner shortcut icon.

I still think that some visual notice to the effect that CCleaner is running (pending shutdown) would be good, because it lets the user know what's going on if CCleaner should happen to be taking an unusually long time.

I also think that it would be particularly nice to have the creation of a CCleaner Auto Shutdown shortcut on one's desktop be made a little less complicated. Perhaps the icon could be made into a pre-supplied shortcut that could just be dragged from CCleaner's program files folder and dropped on one's desktop from where it would be ready-to-go?