Congratulations to our new Moderator

davey

• Moderators
I have a question for you: Do you get a special suit now that you're a mod? :)

I thought this was common knowledge. Not just do us Mods have a special suit, we're a fashion statement all by ourselves.

The most important item, The Parka. Preferably with fur collar.

t261_Parka.jpg

Next come the shoes. Nice choice here.

t262_Shoes.jpg

And pride of place in all Mods wardrobes is the limited edition "Paul Wellar" shirt by Fred Perry.

t264_PaulWellar.jpg

And of course for our yearly get-together in Brighton, the must have Lambretta Scooter.

t263_Lambrettas.jpg

This lovely little snap is from our last Brighton jaunt. We got stoned, laid out a few Rockers, and a great time was had by all.

t260_TheModerators.jpg

Don't you wish you were a Mod. :)

That scooter scares me the most, although it's almost a tie with the shoes. :lol:

Yeah I agree, the Mods look like what I remember in High School.

Now, I gotta find out more about the Rockers.

I thought "Icedrake" said the "mods" not the "Mods". :unsure:

What you wearing on the forum, Andavari ?

Dennis won't tell us. :(

:) davey

Mods and Rockers:
Back in '65 when I was starting Community College I bought a '55 Royal Enfield 700cc motorcycle and boy did I think I was hot stuff.

I had worked all summer and had my books paid off and I had enough money left over to purchase it for $300.00.

I had convinced my mum that I needed transportation to get back and forth to school and to an evening job I had and she agreed thinking it was a moped type bike as that was what they cost in those days. I did not let my mum see it for about a year because I knew she would freak if she saw the size of it so I kept it at my friends house just down the street.

I kept it for two years and did a lot of work on it including painting the gas tank a beautiful deep blue and having the battery and air filter holder chromed. I sold it for $500.00 and purchased a '56 BMW R50 with the money. I went everywhere on that bike.

In '72 I sold it and purchased a BMW 750cc R75 which I rode for about 10 years until my daughter was born and I could not go riding much due to work and home commitments. I went across Canada a couple of times and once to P.E.I. but it was real cold and rainy down there even in August.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user