"All Programs" Question

Tom AZ

In Windows XP, when I click on "Start" -> "All Programs," I get a display of three columns of programs in alphabetical order -- but it's not all of my programs. For some reason, it's limited to three columns. Because these are in alphabetical order, it's now displaying programs through the letter "S," but that's it -- nothing beyond.

I'm not sure why this is happening, but how do I get ALL of my programs to display?

• Moderators

To change the Start Menu to scroll programs like seen in other versions of Windows, and which is necessary if you have too many programs do display on screen:

1. Right click the Start button and select Properties.

2. Click Start Menu (tab)->Customize (button)->Advanced (tab).

3. Scroll down until you see Scroll Programs, then tick it.

4. Keep clicking OK to exit the settings.

5. Now see how the Start Menu is now in a long scrollable row.

To change the Start Menu to scroll programs like seen in other versions of Windows, and which is necessary if you have too many programs do display on screen:

1. Right click the Start button and select Properties.

2. Click Start Menu (tab)->Customize (button)->Advanced (tab).

3. Scroll down until you see Scroll Programs, then tick it.

4. Keep clicking OK to exit the settings.

5. Now see how the Start Menu is now in a long scrollable row.

Didn't know about that. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Didn't know about that. Thanks, I'll give it a try.
How many of those programs do you actually use?

Before I ran a FORMAT on my XP Pro system I had just about the max displayable applications.

Now I have about one and two thirds displaying the applications I use regularly.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I use SlanXP theme and with it i can see 4 columns of programs. That scrolling thing is nice, but somewhat slow to use, if you have many programs.

startapps574.jpg

Even with my reading glasses on that image is fuzzy and when I click on it it takes me to an upload page :unsure:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Even with my reading glasses on that image is fuzzy and when I click on it it takes me to an upload page :unsure:

Yeah, there's no bigger/sharper picture available. But you can see, that there's 4 columns of programs visible.

I mean, that with most themes i can't see all my programs, but with SlanXP they are all visible.