CCleaner normal/portable coexistence?

Mokura

Alright, I've been a fan of CCleaner for quite some time, but after a while, I've learned that running CCleaner at boot time, every time, slows down Windows startup a bit too much for my liking. (Which could possibly be due to the delete settings I use.) I understand that I can use the commandline parameter /auto to run CCleaner, do a scan/clean, and quit. My question is this:

Can the Standard installed CCleaner and Portable CCleaner coexist without issue? I want to use two different sets of settings for normal use (running CCleaner myself) and scheduled use (via Windows Task Scheduler).

I've done some searching, and came up with nothing. (although I -did- learn of the Builds page and the Portable version!) I assume there -would- be no problem, since you simply unzip the portable version, but I'd like to get some feedback beforehand, just in case. Thank you in advance for any help.

Can the Standard installed CCleaner and Portable CCleaner coexist without issue?
Yes.

Insure that the CCleaner.exe is the executable in the Portable version and that you have set up its preferences and stored in its CCleaner.ini file.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Yes.

Insure that the CCleaner.exe is the executable in the Portable version and that you have set up its preferences and stored in its CCleaner.ini file.

OK, I am too a fan of CCleaner and have just found out about the portable version, which I have just down loaded.

What are the pros & Cons about using the portable version vs the full version? Since the portable version is very much smaller in size and assuming they have the same capability, why use the full version?

There is no difference between the functionality of the Full version and the Portable version. The Full download includes Yahoo Toolbar, the Portable download does not. The Portable download includes a small file that forces CCleaner to store it's settings in an ini, the Full download does not.

People who want CCleaner installed tend to download the Slim version which is smaller because it doesn't contain Yahoo Toolbar, instead of the Full version.

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing, or ger. WOAH there they go!!!!!!!

~Otto

How to use CCleaner on a Flash Drive (pre v2.0)