CCleaner Community Forums
LEEnoble

Windows Media Player

When you watch a live stream over the Internet in Windows Media Player, where is the file stored so I can keep a copy?

I dont think streaming makes a file in your hard drive. Try to click on the link that starts the streamin with right click>save link as.

I dont think streaming makes a file in your hard drive. Try to click on the link that starts the streamin with right click>save link as.

Tryed that, it just downloads a little file just a few kb in size which starts of the full stream if you click it.

A lot of times site use playlist files because they DONT want people to download the actual song or video. With a playlist file, your music player only streams real-time from a server; usually the server is locked and passworded so you can't actually download the song or video (and burn it to a cd).

Warning tho it will still be streaming quality so if you decide to play on a Tv i.e. it will be very blocky.

Yer I know, but it still means I can watch it in comfort instead of sitting at my desk. :P

Yer I know, but it still means I can watch it in comfort instead of sitting at my desk.  :P

I watch everything at my desk in comfort I had my own desk built which is lower then normal so I can sit on arm chair and still sit back and type and play games B) .

I watch everything at my desk in comfort I had my own desk built which is lower then normal so I can sit on arm chair and still sit back and type and play games B) .

My desk is a *posh* desk from John Lewis with a *posh* desk chair but I still prefer the comfy sofa for watching stuff :P