Default settings

Paul4398

I have had CCCleaner installed for a few months but have not used it yet. I am ready to try. In "playing around" with the features (but not running the cleanup operation) I have checked and unchecked boxes. I have read that, at least for beginners, one should use CCCleaner's default settings. But I don't know what they are and therefore do not know if the default settings have "trumped" the playing around I did with the various boxes.

is there a source to learn what CCCleaner's default settings are?

I hope this makes some sense.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the forum,

Heres a link to CCleaner Beginner's Guide.

http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/

Please read and get back with us for your questions.

Jamin4u

I would like to ask the same question... I have read the Beginners Guide and have not been able to find a listing of the default settings. This would really help.

I can find several suggestions that the user should stick with the defaults but cannot find what these settings are.

Cheryl :blink:

• Moderators

Hi all, the CCleaner default settings are basically the settings it installs with. Out of the box as they say.

If you've played around with it, just uncheck all the "Advanced" boxes and you should be OK. You may find at first that you may lose some website settings, logon stuff etc, because you've cleared all the cookies, and if that happens post back and there'll be plenty of people here who can show you how to avoid that.

With the registry section, everything checked is the default setting, but make sure you make a backup as suggested by the CCleaner dialogue, and of course you don't have to run the registry cleanup until you are more familiar the basic features.

Don't hesitate in asking more questions if you are still unsure. Much easier asking "what does this do?" rather than "how do I fix this?" :)

Thanks for the help with answering this question DennisD.

It has been so long since I installed CCleaner that I don't remember what boxes are checked by default.

Everyones needs are different when it comes to cleaning up their computer and what settings are right for them.

Don't hesitate in asking more questions if you are still unsure. Much easier asking "what does this do?" rather than "how do I fix this?"
Very True!

Congratulations on becoming a Moderator.

Jamin4u

• Moderators
Thanks for the help with answering this question DennisD.

It has been so long since I installed CCleaner that I don't remember what boxes are checked by default.

Everyones needs are different when it comes to cleaning up their computer and what settings are right for them.

Very True!

Congratulations on becoming a Moderator.

Jamin4u

You're welcome, and thanks very much.