iPhone iWon't

YoKenny

iPhone iWon't

No thanks.

I'd rather endure a root canal than fork out the $$$ to Rogers to have a phone that probably will be inundated with Rogers propaganda:

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2008/07/1...ex.html?ref=rss

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

iPhone iWon't

No thanks.

I'd rather endure a root canal than fork out the $$$ to Rogers to have a phone that probably will be inundated with Rogers propaganda:

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2008/07/1...ex.html?ref=rss

iPhone i Don't

Man,you Canadians really get your pockets cleaned !!! Like you I would rather eat than not.

:) davey

Man, I've never seen so much hype over a phone in my life. (Besides the 1st iPhone.) Digg Technology headlines read like one huge ad for the 3G iPhone. You'd think it was Playstation 7 or something. It's a friggin phone.

That whole Rogers thing sounds like a doozie. With Bill Gates gone, I guess you gotta pick the next monopolist in line, eh? :lol:

That whole Rogers thing sounds like a doozie. With Bill Gates gone, I guess you gotta pick the next monopolist in line, eh? :lol:
Ted Rogers is laughing all the way to the Cayman Islands.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Whats Iphone like anyway? anybody used it , using it? I suppose its like any other phone, if you buy your own instrument and not go with contracts you'd be better off eh? how much do these cost in US and Canada; coz here in New Zealand you'd be looking at $1100.00 !! steep as!! about (880.00US) for an Ipod basically!- Yes!! coz they come locked to AT&T's network in US :) ; there's a company in NZ who's selling plugins for it by which you could record messages and dash them off as a text message to another phone !

<http://consumerist.com/consumer/northern-exposure/att-draws-wrath-of-iphone+seeking-alaskans-271742.php>

There's a Chinese variant called tphone (identical specs is what i've been given to believe) hehehehehe

Wanted to know the ergonomics and day to day user friendliness?? ( the only experience I have of anything of Apple's is their Ipod ( man the damn interface sucks!!, time consuming, cumbersome and really taxes my patience allright!) - its a good thing I don't own it! .....phew

iPhone i Don't

Man,you Canadians really get your pockets cleaned !!! Like you I would rather eat than not.

:) davey

You don't know the half of it. This Country is a disgrace. From a very early age you learn to grab your ankles and spread wide and take it back door financially. Than you have to put up with idiots telling you how lucky you are to be having it done to you.

It 's not unusual to pay 300% more for something than you would in the U.S. They do this simply because Canadians are stupid enough to pay it. They used to tell you it was our weak dollar than our dollar hit parity and above but we are till taking it in the a$$. Now they don't have an excuse.

I go over the border monthly at a minimum. When I cross to the U.S they ask who I am, where am I going, how long, any weapons etc. Coming home to Canada first question is what did you buy? They want to put their hands in your pocket. God forbid they miss some tax from you. No questions about are you bringing in weapons, drugs etc. All they care about is raping you financially.

Canadia? I drove to Canada one day in the late 1980s from northern New Hampshire. I think I went to Sherbourne or a town with a name like that. As soon as I went from the US into Canada my car was consumed by a wall of flying ants. I had to scrape my windshield clean with a stick. My wipers were no match for bug guts. You know what I did in Canada? I went to a McDonalds and some stationary store to look around a bit. Then I drove back home. I was there for a total of about 3 hours. And that's my brave story of going to Canada. :lol:

Canadia? I drove to Canada one day in the late 1980s from northern New Hampshire. I think I went to Sherbourne or a town with a name like that. As soon as I went from the US into Canada my car was consumed by a wall of flying ants. I had to scrape my windshield clean with a stick. My wipers were no match for bug guts. You know what I did in Canada? I went to a McDonalds and some stationary store to look around a bit. Then I drove back home. I was there for a total of about 3 hours. And that's my brave story of going to Canada. :lol:

Those were not flying ants. They were border guards seeing if they could find a reason to tax you. Flying ants, border guards, same gene pool.

You don't know the half of it. This Country is a disgrace. From a very early age you learn to grab your ankles and spread wide and take it back door financially. Than you have to put up with idiots telling you how lucky you are to be having it done to you.

It 's not unusual to pay 300% more for something than you would in the U.S. They do this simply because Canadians are stupid enough to pay it. They used to tell you it was our weak dollar than our dollar hit parity and above but we are till taking it in the a$$. Now they don't have an excuse.

I go over the border monthly at a minimum. When I cross to the U.S they ask who I am, where am I going, how long, any weapons etc. Coming home to Canada first question is what did you buy? They want to put their hands in your pocket. God forbid they miss some tax from you. No questions about are you bringing in weapons, drugs etc. All they care about is raping you financially.

thats what the 9-5 slavery grind is all about, keep the bills flooding in and people will put their heads down and they can keep everyones a$$ in control.... when things go out of hand create a bit of disorder, then one can create a new order to their liking

I remember when a phone simply called out and took calls in.......hard to find now.

As for the whole canada thing....lol...i actually like canada. I live in a nice home, drive nice vehicles, have a lot of toys, enjoy the sites. No worse or better then europe or the us....just different. The difference of steak vs. seafood to me. i like em both. :)

thats what the 9-5 slavery grind is all about, keep the bills flooding in and people will put their heads down and they can keep everyones a$$ in control.... when things go out of hand create a bit of disorder, then one can create a new order to their liking

Maybe that's why I see things the way I do. It's been a few years since I have had to endure the "the 9-5 slavery grind".

You right about keening every one's a$$ in control. Our tax system is punitive in this country. You are punished severely for trying to improve your situation. Work overtime in this country and than look at your paycheck (whats left of it) and you will see that you were in fact punished for working harder. Very early in my working life I put a stop to working overtime. I simply was not going to put the hours in so that the genetic garbage heap known as politicians could pocket my hard earned money.

when things go out of hand create a bit of disorder, then one can create a new order to their liking

Not in Canada the home of the sheeple. Canadians are so pathetic at speaking out and doing anything about anything. They have taking it back door down to an art. They are convinced that it's a privilege to be financially raped. They are convinced that our systems and services are great. I mean think about it we put up with Queen Elizabeth as our head until the 80"s than we peacefully became officially separate with some big ceremonial BS. I still have to look at her ugly mug on all my money for the few seconds it's in my hands before it's taxed out of my hands. The U.S didn't put up the British monarchy long before they booted their asses out of there. There is just something about countries that accept kings and queens. The populations of those countries just seem to be spineless. They would have to be to just accept being ruled by someone simply because that person was born to a specific family. It's insane.

You right about keening every one's a$$ in control. Our tax system is punitive in this country. You are punished severely for trying to improve your situation. Work overtime in this country and than look at your paycheck (whats left of it) and you will see that you were in fact punished for working harder. Very early in my working life I put a stop to working overtime. I simply was not going to put the hours in so that the genetic garbage heap known as politicians could pocket my hard earned money.
The last 10 years while working or so it seemed that every time I got a raise it put me into the next tax bracket so in effect my take home pay was the same and sometimes even less.

The last two years I just slacked off so I didn't get a raise but there was a big push to "Downsize" at the time and I was "Made an offer I couldn't refuse" and took the pension and put it put 1/2 of it in a RRSP and the rest I took and went to live in Playa Del Coco Costa Rica for 7 months.

IE7Pro user

The last two years I just slacked off so I didn't get a raise but there was a big push to "Downsize" at the time and I was "Made an offer I couldn't refuse" and took the pension and put it put 1/2 of it in a RRSP and the rest I took and went to live in Playa Del Coco Costa Rica for 7 months.

I worked for a huge MultiNational Consumer products company that downsized as well. They shut the whole place down :lol: Not unusual when you consider they have hundreds of facilities world wide. I took my nice big buyout added it to what I had already and use that capital to invest with and live off the results. I was well into investing long before they closed the place so I was actually quite thrilled it happened. I was actually ready to just quit but I could see the writing on the wall and new the place was gone so I hung on or I would have lost that buyout. I manged to bury almost all of the buyout in my RRSP with a little maneuvering and pre planning so it was not taxed.

Will It Blend?

Don't breath this.

IE7Pro user

• 4 months later...
Ted Rogers is laughing all the way to the Cayman Islands.

Ted Rogers passed away recently and he and his organization has contributed significantly in opening up Canada to communication vehicles that the stoic CRTC needs a Caterpillar D9 gently pushing on their doors to get it to do anything.

IE7Pro user

I'm really on the fence about the iphone. I'm kind of torn between switching to Rogers and getting the iphone or staying with Telus and getting the blackberry Storm. I think the iphone is the better phone/toy overall, but i really like the removable battery and micro sd card on the storm....and then there is the nokia n97 if it ever comes to canada.......now THAT looks like an all encompassing phone. :)

I'm really on the fence about the iphone. I'm kind of torn between switching to Rogers and getting the iphone or staying with Telus and getting the blackberry Storm. I think the iphone is the better phone/toy overall, but i really like the removable battery and micro sd card on the storm....and then there is the nokia n97 if it ever comes to canada.......now THAT looks like an all encompassing phone. :)

I spent a couple hours playing with the iphone and it's way over rated. I found the key pad almost unusable. I couldn't get moer than two words out with out making a typo. It's also too big.

The Storm is getting very bad reviews so I would hold off on that one.

I would love to get my hands on a phone running Goolge's Android OS. Not available yet in Canada.

In a year or two the whole phone scene will be totally different. It's changing so fast. There going to be selling iphones in Walmart very soon I just read. They have an agreement with Apple.

I just bought a LG Dare. The touch screen blows the iphone away. It's got an amazing camera for a phone. It has a HTML browser that loads pages almost as fast as my computers do and more features than I will ever use. It looks a lot like the storm but no where near as buggy. http://www.telusmobility.com/on/pcs/handset_lg_9700.shtml

I actually find the iphone pretty easy to type on. I played with a friends and didn't have any problems. As well, I have the ipod touch and absolutely love it. The phone is a little bigger, but the screen size is a good trade off for the extra weight that you have to carry.

I agree about the storm. I have read a lot of reviews, but it seems that its pretty much firmware related and i'll just wait for the next update (kind of like sp1 made a difference for vista) before going ahead with a purchase.

Problem is my current phone is on its last leg so i kind of need to make a switch, and want to make sure i get something ill like for awhile. And yeah wouldn't mind trying an android phone either, but canada seems to get all the phones right after every other country in the world......and then we pay high rates for the usage as well....

I actually find the iphone pretty easy to type on. I played with a friends and didn't have any problems. As well, I have the ipod touch and absolutely love it. The phone is a little bigger, but the screen size is a good trade off for the extra weight that you have to carry.

Yeah I have read many reviews about the iphone and many people seem to like the touch screen QWERTY key pad. My phone also has one but I find it works much better than the iphone's. The iphone does not give you the option to use the QWERTY in landscape mode so you have more screen space and that seems stupid to me. You have to use it in portrait mode for texting so there is less screen space. You can use the QWERTY in landscape mode for entering web addresses in the browser though. It's a flaw with the iphone IMO.