What Operating System Do You Use?

LEEnoble

I use Windows XP Professional SP2 on my main PC and Windows 2000 Professional SP4 on my 2nd PC.  :)

Drive C:120 gig/10 gig part:XP Pro sp2 all updates.Drive F(part):10 gig part with 4 ghgost images taken when it suits me.

Drive G+H:10 gig/4 gig part.Clone of C on G and two ghost images on H(part) when it suits me.

Can boot from either drive through bios settings.Too easy.

windows xp professional <-- installed on 2 different computers

windows xp home edition <-- pre-installed when i brought my computer

windows 95 <-- installed on a "dead" computer

--==aGumon==--

Drive C:120 gig/10 gig part:XP Pro sp2 all updates.Drive F(part):10 gig part with 4 ghgost images taken when it suits me.

Drive G+H:10 gig/4 gig part.Clone of C on G and two ghost images on H(part) when it suits me.

Can boot from either drive through bios settings.Too easy.

Main PC: Drive C: 80gig XP Pro SP2 + all updates. Drive D: 120gig Storage. Drive G: 120gig external storage (E: & F: are DVD-RWs)

2nd PC: Drive C: 40gig Win 2000 Pro SP4 + all updates. :D

CCleaner fan since 2005

picshack.co.uk - free image hosting

Don't save as a compressed-ass jpeg. JPEGs are evil and should be destroyed. Save as a PNG, noob!

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

I love PNG. PNG's are great, especially for screenshots of Windows and applications.

For photos and screenshots of games, JPEG is often better.

I use Windows XP Professional with SP2.

Used to run Slackware Linux but that disk crashed, still have ZipSlack on the disk and Ubuntu Linux on a LiveCD.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

• Moderators

Because I'm seriously thinking WinXP is the last Microsoft operating system I ever intend to use I'd like to know if Linux is as easy to use as Windows, or at the least somewhat similar to Windows?

Edit: The reason's I want to eventually switch is because Windows is laden with non-stop security issues and bugs. And since there's a plethora of open source Linux applications available.

Because I'm seriously thinking WinXP is the last Microsoft operating system I ever intend to use I'd like to know if Linux is as easy to use as Windows, or at the least somewhat similar to Windows?

Edit: The reason's I want to eventually switch is because Windows is laden with non-stop security issues and bugs. And since there's a plethora of open source Linux applications available.

Everything has security issues and bugs. Believe it or not, a recent report said Windows is more secure than *nix.

• Moderators
Everything has security issues and bugs.  Believe it or not, a recent report said Windows is more secure than *nix.

Looks like I'm better off sticking with MS then. I wouldn't doubt if the "more secure" rating came from the release of SP2 for WinXP.

• 2 weeks later...