Bye Bye NIS2005

redline001

Hi fellow CCleaner members. Hopefully I am posting in the correct forum. I am new to CC and I have a couple of questions. I currently have Norton Internet Security 2005 (i know it's bloated) I'll be changing to NOD32 and Outpost Firewall Pro and I wanted to know what are the step-by-step directions on how to remove NIS 2005 from my computer for good. I've heard horror stories that you can screw up the windows registry if you don't know what you're doing so I want specific directions so I won't mess up my system.

Hi fellow CCleaner members.  Hopefully I am posting in the correct forum.  I am new to CC and I have a couple of questions.  I currently have Norton Internet Security 2005 (i know it's bloated) I'll be changing to NOD32 and Outpost Firewall Pro and I wanted to know what are the step-by-step directions on how to remove NIS 2005 from my computer for good.  I've heard horror stories that you can screw up the windows registry if you don't know what you're doing so I want specific directions so I won't mess up my system.

Uninstall everything Norton related.

Next use the Symantec Norton Removal Tool

• Moderators
So afterwards do I still need to use CCleaner?

Most likely, along with several freeware registry cleaners. And only if you know what you're doing you may have to manually remove things from the registry after running the several freeware registry cleaners.