Jittery Wavy distortions in monitor

Has anyone experienced wavy lines of distortion as a result of using CCleaner with all boxes checked, and all registry issues removed? I don't know if it was CCleaner or if it is ironic that after I ran CCleaner I begun to have wavy horizontal lines on my monitor.

I have the latest chipset drivers,videocard drivers, and refresh rate is 75MHZ at 1280x1024.

thx

• Moderators

I dont think their has ever been monitor problems from CCleaner. This may insult your intelligence but make sure their isnt anything magnetic around your monitor. If you have a nice speaker system with a subwoofer make sure it's magnetically shilded if it's by the monitor (It should have a label on it if its not). Press the menu button on your monitor and look for an icon that looks like a magnet or horse shoe with a line through it and see if that helps (it refreshes the monitor).

• Moderators

The only bug I have seen in CCleaner is the firefox issue that you can see here (not a serious problem). Usually when people come here with problems that they claim were caused by CCleaner we find out they were not. Most of the time the issues are caused by things like viruses and spyware. Also a lot of the time people had been using other programs like regseeker (stay away from this program unless you know how the windows registry works).

• Moderators

You might have had the settings to high for your monitor. Try this: right click on your desktop>choose properties>settings>Advanced> Monitor. Make sure the box that says "hide modes that my monitor cannot display" is checked.

If it JUST happened out of the blue, it can't possibly be settings :P

May be time to get a new monitor or video card (depending on which is at fault.) You need a technician to look at it.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

• Moderators

Somebody didnt read all of the posts again :rolleyes::P. Settings wasnt the first thing I recommended, plus he said that he changed the refresh rate and it helped. He probably does need a new monitor though.