i have finnaly done it

oli

ok i was using my old comp and i was deleting some stuff that i did not need like quick and it asked me if i wanted to delete some shared dlls, obviosuly as part of the next part generation i clicked yes to all. now when windows starts its says that need dll file is missing and windows needs to be reinstalled. right im on windows me and i think i have the windows 98se disc somewhere. how am i meant to reinstall it without being able to get onto the desktop. and agina buggar

Homer: I never apologise, im sorry Lisa. Thats just the way i am

• Moderators

Yes, and to give you access to your CD or DVD drive. You may want to copy the file(s) (unpacked) onto a CD-RW disc using your working system that way you won't have to fiddle with too many command line tools.

i really dont understand what i am meant to do, i got into dos. but i dont understand what to do now. which cab file am i meant to use and how to i copy it to the correct posistion. can i just use the boot disk to uninstall windows me then install windows 98 se

Start the computer with a bootdisk and it will boot into MSDOS mode (or similiar) then reinstall Windows.

If you dont have a bootdisk you can make one from another computer under "Add/Remove Programs" in the control panel.

Or you can goto www.bootdisk.com and get one.

You might want to format disk (but do backup of files you might need first). Installing over a current installation is not a very good idea even if it might work. If you dont want format, you can delete C:\Windows\ and C:\Program Files\ then reinstall it.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

ok i put in the command to uninstall windows but it waits a minute then tells me that it cannot read drive E: am i meant to put the me disc in it. because i dont have it

• Moderators

If drive E:\ is a cd/dvd drive you need to use the option on the bootdisk to load cd drivers, which will allow you to access your cd/dvd drive within MS-DOS mode. Note: When in MS-DOS mode be careful, drive letters may get bumped back one or more letters.

isnt loading the cd drivers when it gives the option to look at the help file, load without cd support, with cd support, and minimal boot. i did chose to have cd support. is there something else that i must do.

i have fixed it yay, thanks for all your help even though you didnt really help lol apart from telling me about the bootdisk thingy