Firefox 3 Final

Andavari

What do you mean no forward or back buttons? I have them.

The green arrows at the top of the screen...they were completely gone and nowhere to be found. super annoying.

If you have the extension (add-on) "Toolbar Buttons" you will (I don't know how) have access to many different defunct extensions just by dragging the button(s) to any accepting toolbar. I think it's a leftover freak from the beta trials that somehow survived.

I'm quite happy with FF3...however would happily go with Opera if it had something like Adblock Plus.

Opera with the HOSTS file can't be beat:

http://hosts-file.net/?s=Download

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

I manage them with HostsMan and its browser speed up proxy HostsServer:

http://www.abelhadigital.com

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
Opera with the HOSTS file can't be beat:

Plus Opera does have a built in site & image excluder called Blocked Content. I've imported thousands of blocked sites directly into Opera after the MVPS.org HOSTS file just wasn't enough.

Plus Opera does have a built in site & image excluder called Blocked Content. I've imported thousands of blocked sites directly into Opera after the MVPS.org HOSTS file just wasn't enough.
As my daughter would say Keewlness

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Firefox 3, in my computer, just performs faster/better than Firefox 2. It starts faster, loads sites quicker, and consumes less memory in my observations.

I just wish that Opera had a granular control of ads and scripts like in Adblock Plus and NoScript, without sacrificing startup time. Then I would be a happy camper. :D

Just installed...with the few addons that I do use, I couldn't be happier.

Adblock Plus

Forecast Fox Enhanced

Gmail Manager

IE Tab

NASA Night Launch Theme

Memory usage drops so much when minimized. Loving it, and will not change.

AJ

Every screen shot I see of FF3 or skin preview on the addon site has an over sized back button. I don't have that. I set the icon size to small or large and I don't have an over sized back button. Is that only on Vista or what?

fc942d3cbe71.jpg

I wasn't happy with this and found it buggy my side (my luck)

Every screen shot I see of FF3 or skin preview on the addon site has an over sized back button. I don't have that. I set the icon size to small or large and I don't have an over sized back button. Is that only on Vista or what?

fc942d3cbe71.jpg

I have no problem with the sizing of the BACK button as well. I'm running Vista

If you select to use small icons the Back button becomes the same size and format as the Forward button.

Yes but I tried it on both the small icon and big icon setting and neither way has the big back button that I keep seeing in screen shots. I am on XP so is the big back button an Vista thing?

I just wish that Opera had a granular control of ads and scripts like in Adblock Plus and NoScript, without sacrificing startup time. Then I would be a happy camper. :D

I have no problem with the Opera content blocker. I add a filter list from the several available and I am very happy with the ad blocking.

As for NoScript that functionality is built right into Opera as well. Just disable java script globally in Opera settings than enable it on a per site basis with Opera's Site Preferences feature. Site Preferences is one of Opera's best features. I use it to manage cookies to. I set Opera to delete new cookies on exit but disable that on sites I want to keep cookies for so they are white listed.

I am truly baffled! Firefox has been my rock for some time now, but after trying FF3 I'm as wary as I ever was with IE.

I'm a bit late on the uptake, but I installed FF3 on my work mc today - instantly disappointed cos it reported 80% of my extensions failed to work :(

Anyway, I thought maybe it'll take a while for the developers to update them - the main concern was my fav - IETab didn't work (no updates avail. etc.) - a lot of my work sites need IE to work properly, so I thought - bin it - re-install FF2; did so and it all crashed ...! Again, and again - only FF safe mode worked ...

Somehow, I recovered FF2 (numerous reboots etc.) and was able to resume work (with FF2) and forgot about it until I got home.

I had sent the link to download FF3 to my home address (before all the hoo-ha), and for some reason (morbid curiosity perhaps?) I installed FF3 and it only complained about 10% of my extensions.....WTF?? I know I have some different extensions at work & home (such as at home I like the Dilbert add-in [can't have that at work!], etc.), but most are common such as IETab (which did not complain - in fact it updated..!)

What is going on?? My home mc is Vista (32 bit), my work mc is XP - why the difference??? I'm writing this now in FF3 (may sound even weirder but it is physically different looking [and not just Vista diifs.] from FF3 on my work mc)

All my fav. extensions work sweet on Vista, but not on XP - huh?? Why?

I can understand the other way round - what happened to FF3?

I am truly baffled! Firefox has been my rock for some time now, but after trying FF3 I'm as wary as I ever was with IE.

I'm a bit late on the uptake, but I installed FF3 on my work mc today - instantly disappointed cos it reported 80% of my extensions failed to work :(

Anyway, I thought maybe it'll take a while for the developers to update them - the main concern was my fav - IETab didn't work (no updates avail. etc.) - a lot of my work sites need IE to work properly, so I thought - bin it - re-install FF2; did so and it all crashed ...! Again, and again - only FF safe mode worked ...

Somehow, I recovered FF2 (numerous reboots etc.) and was able to resume work (with FF2) and forgot about it until I got home.

I had sent the link to download FF3 to my home address (before all the hoo-ha), and for some reason (morbid curiosity perhaps?) I installed FF3 and it only complained about 10% of my extensions.....WTF?? I know I have some different extensions at work & home (such as at home I like the Dilbert add-in [can't have that at work!], etc.), but most are common such as IETab (which did not complain - in fact it updated..!)

What is going on?? My home mc is Vista (32 bit), my work mc is XP - why the difference??? I'm writing this now in FF3 (may sound even weirder but it is physically different looking [and not just Vista diifs.] from FF3 on my work mc)

All my fav. extensions work sweet on Vista, but not on XP - huh?? Why?

I can understand the other way round - what happened to FF3?

I dunno what went wrong with you. Currently, I use the following add-ons :

Adblock Plus

Adblock FilterSet.G Updater

Basics

Download Statusbar

Feed Sidebar

Firebug 1.2.0b3

FireGestures

Flashblock

ForecastFox

Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer

Nightly Tester Tools (currently disabled. its only there when I decide to test those supposedly 'incompatible')

Open IT Online

User Agent Switcher

IETab

Skins - Aquatint Black Gloss, Past Modern.

I've not had any problems so far. Generally, what most people seem to come across, (ie - crashes, slowness, etc) I've not found. I've had nothing but smooth sailing since beta 5. It's odd.

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

I dunno what went wrong with you. Currently, I use the following add-ons :

Adblock Plus

Adblock FilterSet.G Updater

Basics

Download Statusbar

Feed Sidebar

Firebug 1.2.0b3

FireGestures

Flashblock

ForecastFox

Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer

Nightly Tester Tools (currently disabled. its only there when I decide to test those supposedly 'incompatible')

Open IT Online

User Agent Switcher

IETab

Skins - Aquatint Black Gloss, Past Modern.

I've not had any problems so far. Generally, what most people seem to come across, (ie - crashes, slowness, etc) I've not found. I've had nothing but smooth sailing since beta 5. It's odd.

Would you please explain just how the IE Tab works? I have it but not quite sure what to do with it. Can I get windows update through it?

Thanks