Large video files

plividus

Every time the same large video files are defragged over and over again after starting 1.02.077, consuming many hours to finish. To me it seems Defraggler does not recognize it has done the file already. Anyone experiencing the same? :unsure: What is the solution? :huh:

Every time the same large video files are defragged over and over again after starting 1.02.077, consuming many hours to finish. To me it seems Defraggler does not recognize it has done the file already. Anyone experiencing the same? :unsure: What is the solution? :huh:

Hello plividus,

Thanks for your information so far.

How are you using the 1.02.077 version when this occurs.

It may be the same as others have reported but it may be different.

A new version is in the works but you can go back a version until then. http://filehippo.com/download_defraggler/4165/

Good luck,

:) davey

Hello Davey,

Thanks for your reply. I've seen the new RC2, downloaded and used it instead of the older release. Now the new program 'only' used approx 9 hours to finish for a 500 Gb drive. From the graffic I can see it's working better now: filling up more white space during the normal defrag run. RC2 also leaves less red area's, still some red are displayed together with light blue blocks spread over the white area. What I can't see now in RC2 is the file that is worked on. Probably better not, to avoid a lot of discussions. After completion I have seen the Pc is closing down much quicker then before. An automatic powerdown option of the Pc after completion would be an item on my wishlist.

What I do is run CCleaner first, select the drive in Defraggler, Analyze, and hit the Defrag button. What I've done in earlier releases is defrag after analyze the drive and thereafter defrag the empty space. Running Windows Vista.

I will start RC2 now running the defrag of free space. Local time here is 10:00.

Hello Davey,

What I can't see now in RC2 is the file that is worked on. Probably better not, to avoid a lot of discussions. After completion I have seen the Pc is closing down much quicker then before. An automatic powerdown option of the Pc after completion would be an item on my wishlist.

What I do is run CCleaner first, select the drive in Defraggler, Analyze, and hit the Defrag button. What I've done in earlier releases is defrag after analyze the drive and thereafter defrag the empty space. Running Windows Vista.

I will start RC2 now running the defrag of free space. Local time here is 10:00.

Hi,

Sounds like good news.

How often do you run a defrag of the whole drive?

500 GB in 9 hours sounds good to me.Of course the most I ever defragged was approx. 85 Gb for about 7 hr using JkDefrag.

I just don't have that kind of volume to require much defragging more than maybe once every month or two.

How do use your HD.What kind of files?

Are you using it for professional purposes?

I would bet that auto powerdown is probably high on the list of suggestions.

Good luck,

:) davey