Missing dlls

jlowell

I've recently installed the trial version of Kaspersky Personal Security Suite. Running CCleaner's "issues" capability, listed are a number of missing dlls related to Kaspersky in one way or another. I thought missing dlls were the product of uninstallation. But in this case, I'm seeing them in connection with this newly installed program! I'd like to know just what the significance - or lack of significance - these registry items may have.

jlowell

Follow-Up Edit, July 1, 2005

Sixty-eight views of this question and no replies? I'm surprized. I can't imagine that I've stumped people as competent as those who created this fine file and registry cleaner. :blink:

• Moderators

We must not like you, no one is replying to your topics. :lol:

It's safe to remove the entries that CCleaner found. They could be from a number of things like the installer, or maybe you deleated a shortcut to the program or anything. If you uninstall kaspersky than you will see a whole lot more invalid entries. So go ahead and delete them. Just to make sure what does CCleaner say the reason for them are? (to find this under issues select them in fix and it will give you a description about where they came from. you can hit the arrow incons and scroll through without actually changing anything yet.)

Don't be surprised, jlowell, only one person wrote CCleaner, and he doesn't post very often. Secondly, we know you said there are issues, but you haven't told us where they are located or what they are called.

You have a few options:

* Make several screenshots to show us what the results window says (since it lacks the capability to log)

* Remove all the entries and let CCleaner create a backup, post the backup here as a .txt file, then double click the backup and merge it all back into your registry (to be safe).

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

rridgely & DjLizard,

Thanks for the replies. For a while there, I thought it was God punishing me for my sins. :)

DjLizard, I think that rridgely has given me the hint for the self-help approach I'd hoped for in this case, to wit:

(to find this under issues select them in fix and it will give you a description about where they came from. you can hit the arrow incons and scroll through without actually changing anything yet.)

I don't think I'll need to bother the forum with a list of miscreants to analyse. Thanks for the offer, however, and if I'm wrong and foul-up my box, I'll just blame the two of you and sue. :)

jlowell