CClean run from Recyclebin clears IE forms?

Zin

Hi,

Because of the need to do some Chinese wordprocessing - my english XP Pro OS has to be set to PRC - language settings - although the majority of my work is still done in english.

It seems like every time I right click and run CC Cleaner from my recycle bin - it clears all my internet explorer links/auto form filler etc.

Is this meant to be?

I read about one of your fixes for IE in your new updated version - for non-english platform - is this issue fixed now?

If you wish to keep your Internet explorer typed urls auto form forms etc then simply start CCleaner and untick the box next to the appropriate items.

P.S. If i miss understood the question then please just say so.

I thought the right click function for the recycle bin is meant to just clean the recycle bins and nothing else - I do clean my IE internet files sometimes (including autofill forms etc) but does not want it cleaned everytime I use CCleaner to clear my recycle bin. Hence, I wondered if that is a bug.

I thought the right click function for the recycle bin is meant to just clean the recycle bins and nothing else - I do clean my IE internet files sometimes (including autofill forms etc) but does not want it cleaned everytime I use CCleaner to clear my recycle bin. Hence, I wondered if that is a bug.

No its not a bug CCleaner will clean your holl system(minus the issues)when you press "Run CCleaner" in the recycling bin context menu. It you open the program you will see a big list of stuff CCleaner will clean, all that is ticked will be cleaned when you press "Run CCleaner". If you wish to keep your your auto from, typed urls etc. then simply untick them with in CCleaner and when you run CCleaner from the context menu they will not be cleared. Then when you wish to clean them just start CCleaner and retick them.

instead of clicking run CCleaner why dont you just choose empty recycle bin?

I used to have spyware files on my computer that was un-deletable - hence thought that CCleaner has a better erase function than the MS inherent recycle bin - which was why it appeared when I right click recycle bin - but I think I am mistaken.

No its not a bug CCleaner will clean your holl system(minus the issues)when you press "Run CCleaner" in the recycling bin context menu. It you open the program you will see a big list of stuff CCleaner will clean, all that is ticked will be cleaned when you press "Run CCleaner". If you wish to keep your your auto from, typed urls etc. then simply untick them with in CCleaner and when you run CCleaner from the context menu they will not be cleared. Then when you wish to clean them just start CCleaner and retick them.

Thank you - this helped - now I understand what is meant by Run CCleaner when I right click on the recycle bin.