Opera 9.5 RC

Corona

Opera 9.5RC is out. Download page Any brave souls test this out yet? :blink:

On another note, what is BOClean? Is it a soap? A deodorant? Does it stand for Barack Obama or Bodacious Optimizer? I never heard of this thing before.

I don't see it on Opera's download page yet but when it shows up there I will install it no problem. 9.5 beta 2 works great.

• Moderators

I've giving it a try at the moment. The download page above is just lifted from the Opera Desktop Team page.

Link:

But I've got the same problems I had before. I've got that blue box around the edit window, and if I preview a pm or a post, the entire text disappears in the preview and the edit window.

There's other small glitches with graphics when a page is rendered so I'm back to 9.27 in a moment.

Hells teeth, this edit page is all over the place. Pressing return can give me one, two, or even three lines of space.? :blink:

Fingers crossed this even posts.

I've giving it a try at the moment. The download page above is just lifted from the Opera Desktop Team page.

Link:

You can get daily and weekly releases fom the Desktop Team page but I don't mess with them. I wait for the stable releases that are on the Opera download page. The daily/weekly releases are too buggy for me.

On another note, what is BOClean? Is it a soap? A deodorant? Does it stand for Barack Obama or Bodacious Optimizer? I never heard of this thing before.
A BHO is a Browser Helper Object commonly called a Toolbar like the Google Toolbar or Windows Live Toolbar

BHOClean helps disable/enable those Toolbars but I prefer to use Add/Remove Programs to un-install it if I don't want it.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

It's not BHOClean, it's BOClean. BO....as in Body Odor.

Jay Sherman - "It stinks!"

So I'm not sure that it's a Browser Helper Object remover. The home page made it seem like a malware remover. I was just wondering if anyone ever used it & how it stacks up.

Well, being a newbie Opera user I wasn't aware of that, so maybe I'll give it another whirl later.

Me too, I saw the update on Calender of Updates. I'm kinda new there too.

It's not BHOClean, it's BOClean. BO....as in Body Odor.

Jay Sherman - "It stinks!"

So I'm not sure that it's a Browser Helper Object remover. The home page made it seem like a malware remover. I was just wondering if anyone ever used it & how it stacks up.

Me too, I saw the update on Calender of Updates. I'm kinda new there too.

I have a toothache and I guess my brain became a bit addled with the painkillers I'm taking and when I read BOclean it became BHOclean. :(

hazelnut is correct in that it is an anti-malware application but I'm not a fan of any Comodo applications as they appear to cause system problems and issue false positive malware indications.

I'll stick with MBAM and Windows Defender.

We were all new at one time and having a place such as this and helpful folks that donate their valuable and probably scarce free time is tremendous plus producing free tools to keep our systems clean and running smoothly is a testament for good Human behavior.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

Was offered the new Opera 9.5 today from within opera when I switched on today.

Giving it a whirl now. Soon caught on that sites have to be revisited in order to refresh site icons such as Piriform forum, first time I've had to do that.

As I run sandboxed, will have to do them unsandboxed first (all my bookmarks are blank at the moment)

Unless I'm missing something here.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Heh, now FF3 RC3 is out. You think they're having a rough go of it at Mozilla? Something must not be tweaking right if they came out with 8 beta-ish versions in 4 months. And they got this million download day coming up soon.

You're more PC savvy than I and you never heard of Calender before? I thought I got that link from a post here. Oh well. I'll try out both Opera 9.5 and FF 3.0 on the 17th...I mean 18th. Why drive on a holiday.

You're more PC savvy than I and you never heard of Calender before? I thought I got that link from a post here.

No I have not heard of it.

You did get the link from here. I was just pointing out it wasn't officially released by Opera. They jumped right from beta to final.

I am running the portable version of Opera 9.5 final as I type this and it is working fine.