Defrag all partitions

stranded

that would option would be really usefull ;)

edit:

I'm going to describe it. If you don't what what I'm talking about, I want an option to defragment all partitions with one button click (for example when I'm not using my PC at all). Right now we have to defragment every single partition manually.

edit:

I'm going to describe it. If you don't what what I'm talking about, I want an option to defragment all partitions with one button click (for example when I'm not using my PC at all). Right now we have to defragment every single partition manually.

Ah, well, if you are going to do that, then you could easily achieve this aim using the command-line

version of defraggler "df.exe". For example, if you have two drives or partitions (C: and D:) then you

could create a simple batch file DefragAll.bat containing just the following lines to completely defrag

both logical/physical drives...

df C:

df D:

Or if you just wanted to defrag the files only (but not the freespace), which is probably what you

would want to do most of the time [as it's much quicker], then you could use the following instead...

df C:\ /S

df D:\ /S

Put DefragAll.bat in the same folder as a copy of df.exe and a shortcut to the former on your

desktop, and then just double-click that and walk away...

It may not be pretty, but if you're not going to be hanging aroung to watch it, and it gets the

job done, who cares ?

[A bit off topic, but if you want all your drives to be defragged in one go, the simplest

solution would be just to run JkDefrag with no options.]

edit:

To go one step further, with automatic background defragmentation, you don't need even that one button click, let alone scheduling defrags in tandem for all partitions. All you need to do is check the auto defrag option during installation. Everything else gets done automatically, in the background using free system resources. That's the easiest and most effective solution for multiple partition defrag.