WoW issues?

duchess

A friend put WoW on my computer and last night I ran CCleaner and well this morning he said all his preferences and addons were messed up. His preferences were gone completely and the addons settings were removed.

Could this have something to do with CCleaner? I checked all over it and cannot find anything that would do that. The only reference to WoW was in the cookies section and it was for www.worldofwarcraft.com.

Does anyone know or have any suggestions as to what I can do to find out if it is CCleaner? BTW..running Dell Inspiron 530 w/ Windows Vista Home Premium.

Thanks

Nobody has any ideas? :(:huh::unsure:

Hello duchess,

[q]The only reference to WoW was in the cookies section and it was for www.worldofwarcraft.com.[/q]

The only info I could find was relates to the same subject.I was to busy to reply yesterday.

I can only agree with hazelnut.This is the most likely spot.

You can find Adobe's/Macromedia Flash Player option at Cleaner > Applications tab > Multimedia list.

Ask your friend to find out where his preferences and add-ons are stored.

CCleaner also cleans out Windows temporary and some users temporary files.

That is why it is necessary to find out exactly where the data is stored.

Good luck,

:) davey

HOLD ON!!!!!

Do you mean all of his interface addons? If he just installed the game, he has to redownload all his addons to your computer. The addons aren't saved to you account, they're saved you your PC...in a folder locations similar to this. -->C: Drive/ Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons

They are all downloaded to there. He would have to copy the files in that folder and send it to you. Then he would have to log on, and select the addons he wants enabled.

I have experience because my friends and my brother play, and sometimes my friend will have to go out and download one that he has but we don't.

AJ

HOLD ON!!!!!

Do you mean all of his interface addons? If he just installed the game, he has to redownload all his addons to your computer. The addons aren't saved to you account, they're saved you your PC...in a folder locations similar to this. -->C: Drive/ Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons

They are all downloaded to there. He would have to copy the files in that folder and send it to you. Then he would have to log on, and select the addons he wants enabled.

I have experience because my friends and my brother play, and sometimes my friend will have to go out and download one that he has but we don't.

AJ

No. He is down here visiting and he reinstalled the game on my pc and went and got all his addons from the websites and installed them. He played the game that night and everything was fine, but when he went to play again the next morning, all his interface settings and such were gone. He had to redo all of them. And the only thing I can think that I did between those times was install CCleaner. I am wondering if the progam maybe "cleaned" that folder?

I don't know, but that's the only thing I can think of it could be.